Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Through the Ashes DLC - Hints

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Owlcat tweeted four hints for the upcoming story DLC:

We can't wait to let you try to survive in the Through the Ashes DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous!
Here are some interesting facts about it:

1. You will be playing a simple citizen, and it will be extremely hard to arm and defend yourself
  2. Rope is your best friend!
  3. Every enemy can end your life, but there might be a way to avoid the fight
  4. Food and medicine are scarce in the burning city, so count yourself lucky if you find it!
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I forgot you are playing a refugee in a city under siege. If they can pull this off it should be interesting (sneaking, distractions, traps, etc).

I always found low-level adventures where you are happy to find a good piece of armor more satisfying than finding your 3rd Longsword of Brutalizing+5.

I forgot you are playing a refugee in a city under siege. If they can pull this off it should be interesting (sneaking, distractions, traps, etc).

I always found low-level adventures where you are happy to find a good piece of armor more satisfying than finding your 3rd Longsword of Brutalizing+5.

Amen to this. I stopped playing both Pathfinder games when my char were pretty close from max-level. The closer you get to the end-game, the more ridiculous it gets with every critters you meet being "mythic" and battles that last forever.

I'm much more interested by this DLC than by last one.

Some merit for a Russian company to make a DLC about a civilian being trapped in a war they didn't ask for while sieged by a hostile faction that attacked without provocation.

Most Owlcat DLC has been lackluster in my opinion. Maybe I'm just spoiled because I love the NWN 1 and 2 expansion model better. Yes I'm an old grognard everyone.

Removed an off topic post that would have been more suitable in P&R.

Back on topic.

Right.

It's a good idea to reset the balance after a very epic, crusade-oriented MC. I liked it but it was not to everyone's taste. And for the sake of variety.

They could take this opportunity to make an evil character more viable too, since it was another issue apparently (I didn't try).

I look forward to re-downloading the whole GOG version again, and all the hot-fixes that will follow after it's release. Yeah I know your all getting tired of reading my posts.;)

I look forward to re-downloading the whole GOG version again, and all the hot-fixes that will follow after it's release. Yeah I know your all getting tired of reading my posts.;)

It seems GOG doesn't do hotfixes at the moment, so you'll be spared that part ;)

I just had a response to a ticket I opened more than 2 months ago (on the site, they state they answer within 24 hours) just to say they were completely overwhelmed and aware of the issue, but without any guarantee of ETA for any fix. Poor guys, they must really be swamped. :(

Maybe if they had more time they could put an automatic system and reduce the patch size. And fix their security issues. But they don't have time, so they must spend more of it.

It's getting risky to buy on GOG these days.

It's getting risky to buy on GOG these days.

Care to elaborate on this?

Slightly off-topic:
I have read that GoG is not doing well and that CDPR is losing money with it. This is why they try to go back to their roots with "good old games." I am not the biggest buyer on GOG but have bought some newer stuff there, too. To be honest, right now I am wondering if that is a good idea going forward. Might well be they are not there anymore in a few years.

Care to elaborate on this?

Slightly off-topic:
I have read that GoG is not doing well and that CDPR is losing money with it. This is why they try to go back to their roots with "good old games." I am not the biggest buyer on GOG but have bought some newer stuff there, too. To be honest, right now I am wondering if that is a good idea going forward. Might well be they are not there anymore in a few years.

You partly answer the question, that's what I'm thinking too. On a practical level, I'm observing that
- the support in case of installation problem (GOG side) is very slow, 1 month or more for the first reply
- some updates are missing, some are corrupted
- releases / updates are usually at the same time as Steam on Galaxy, much later on downloadable files
- publishers say publicly they can't contact GOG in case of problem

As mentioned in other posts, Galaxy has concerning security gaps that would allow the game installer to run with admin rights on a PC. So there are security risks as well, at a time attacks intensify.

For a game like Pathfinder which relies a lot on updates and patching, one has to wonder if that's wise to buy it there.

I was among the few to promote GOG over Steam, yet I just got a refund for another game and bought it on Steam because it wasn't always updated and had problems on the GOG version that were never solved (Exp: Rome). Refunds are quick, at last.

Back
Top Bottom