HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted patch 1.04 for Elden Ring:

Elden Ring patch 1.04 is out, adding new NPC events and improved performance

The patch is out now on consoles and PC

Elden Ring patch 1.04 is available now and brings with it improved game performance and new events in certain NPC questlines, according to its developer.

Patch 1.04 now allows players to turn the camera's auto-rotate function on or off, and adds new dialogue phases to the popular Souls NPC, Patches.

Changes have also been made to the damage of certain weapons, as well as how long certain magical attacks take to cast.

While Elden Ring has been lauded for its challenge, the community has also found plenty of ways to exploit certain weapons and item combinations, and thus this is the latest in a series of patches aimed at improving game balance.

You can read the full patch notes below.

[...]
More information.

is it as difficult as darksouls 1 or more like 2 or ... ?

is it as difficult as darksouls 1 or more like 2 or … ?

The answer is both yes and no. Because Elden Ring is an open world game unlike previous titles. If you try to follow the main storyline it's way more difficult than the Dark Souls games. First "real" boss you encounter at the beginning of the Stormvale Castle (which can be seen as the start of the game) is much much harder than any bosses of souls games early bosses. But if you like exploring and gain some levels before the encounter, it's much more "manageable". I'm not saying easy.

Open world is which set this game apart from the previous titles also and its biggest strength IMHO. You don't have to grind, killing same foes in a same area over and over again. If a main story boss is hard for you, you could always explore the world a bit, gain a few levels and return later.

And it's open world is huge and teeming with content. Every area has different theme and foes. And these are not the reskinning of the previous ones unlike any other open world game. Every monster in the game has different attack and move patterns. Part of the fun and challenge is learning these and developing tactics for each of them. Every corner has some secret to explore. I'm 50 hours into it and I think I only see the 1/4 of the entire game. Its open world reminds me of Might&Magic 6 in terms of content richness and that certain exploration feeling.

That's a lot of tweaks. It makes me glad I waited before fully jumping into this.

I'm also glad they finally addressed the performance. I hope they fixed that annoying hitch in the PC version.

That's a lot of tweaks. It makes me glad I waited before fully jumping into this.

I'm also glad they finally addressed the performance. I hope they fixed that annoying hitch in the PC version.

Main culprit for the performance is the programme that called Easy Anti-cheat. Game launches that as default. But in the game folder there are two exes. One of them launches the game without anticheat. Downside is you can't play online with this. Since I'm not playing the game online, it's not a problem for me and the game runs smooth as butter.

Anyone know if they fixed the PC issues with Keyboard and Mouse yet? I havent seen previous patch notes.

Lue.

Anyone know if they fixed the PC issues with Keyboard and Mouse yet? I havent seen previous patch notes.

Lue.

I'm playing the game with M&K without any problem. At the launch, mouse camera speed is too much but they fix that with the first patch. You can customize the keys and buttons too. If you are talking about the button prompts, you can change that in the options menu.

Main culprit for the performance is the programme that called Easy Anti-cheat. Game launches that as default. But in the game folder there are two exes. One of them launches the game without anticheat. Downside is you can't play online with this. Since I'm not playing the game online, it's not a problem for me and the game runs smooth as butter.

Does Steam still that track exe? Or is that launching of the game decoupled from Steam/achievements and all that?

The answer is both yes and no. Because Elden Ring is an open world game unlike previous titles. If you try to follow the main storyline it's way more difficult than the Dark Souls games. First "real" boss you encounter at the beginning of the Stormvale Castle (which can be seen as the start of the game) is much much harder than any bosses of souls games early bosses. But if you like exploring and gain some levels before the encounter, it's much more "manageable". I'm not saying easy.

Open world is which set this game apart from the previous titles also and its biggest strength IMHO. You don't have to grind, killing same foes in a same area over and over again. If a main story boss is hard for you, you could always explore the world a bit, gain a few levels and return later.

And it's open world is huge and teeming with content. Every area has different theme and foes. And these are not the reskinning of the previous ones unlike any other open world game. Every monster in the game has different attack and move patterns. Part of the fun and challenge is learning these and developing tactics for each of them. Every corner has some secret to explore. I'm 50 hours into it and I think I only see the 1/4 of the entire game. Its open world reminds me of Might&Magic 6 in terms of content richness and that certain exploration feeling.

Thank you, very, much for your point of view!

Saying it's easier then past Dark Soul games doesn't mean the game is easy. I die just as many times as when I tried their previous games. I'm just not gud as the saying goes.

The game does shine with it's exploration and open world.:nod:

Saying it's easier then past Dark Soul games doesn't mean the game is easy. I die just as many times as when I tried their previous games. I'm just not gud as the saying goes.

The game does shine with it's exploration and open world.:nod:

a bit easier is good enough for me. otherwise i have to buy a new keyboard, again..

Back
Top Bottom