Achilles: Legends Untold - Early Access: May 12

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Achilles: Legends Untold will enter Early Access on May 12:

Achilles: Legends Untold launches on Early Access May 12th!

Escape death. Defy the Gods. Become a Legend.
Hey everyone! We finally have a date for you, and a new trailer! Achilles: Legends Untold will be launching on Steam Early Access May 12th, 2022.

You thought you knew the story of the great warrior Achilles, but his myth doesn't end with the infamous arrow (we don't call our game Achilles: Legends Untold for nothing ;)!).

Watch our new trailer to get an early glimpse at the story of our game and the divine, yet sinister, intervention that brings Achilles back from the dead.

It's been a long journey since our reveal last year, but you won't have to wait much longer!

We received a ton of great feedback during our Beta a couple months ago, and have worked hard to deliver a unique action RPG experience that matches our vision and meets your expectations. We can't wait for you all to play Achilles: Legends Untold in a few weeks!

Enjoyed the trailer, but still want more? Here's some exciting new screenshots to tide you over :).
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Hadn't heard of this one and not into preset characters but it looked fun and liked Achilles so going to see how it goes. Maybe something new to try later. Thanks for the news bit as doubt I would have noticed it otherwise.

First I've heard of it. Reminds me of Titan Quest which really like playing from time to time. I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure.

Not the first time reading about this game as it was mentioned in news-bits and on my thread multiple times already. The pitch of this game is the souls-like combat.

Not the first time reading about this game as it was mentioned in news-bits and on my thread multiple times already. The pitch of this game is the souls-like combat.

Isn't that more a Diablo style?

Not that I'm sure about the differences except the camera perspective and the fact it's designed for PC first, I'm no expert in that genre. To me it's hack & slash action RPG.

Isn't that more a Diablo style?

Not that I'm sure about the differences except the camera perspective and the fact it's designed for PC first, I'm no expert in that genre. To me it's hack & slash action RPG.
Watch the past videos they talk about souls-like combat not being a souls-clone that is different. Another comparable game would be Alaloth: Champions of The Four Kingdoms.

Link - https://techraptor.net/gaming/previews/achilles-legends-untold-is-souls-like-worth-pain
Thankfully, developer and published Dark Point Games seems to understand Souls-like and how to convert it successfully into an isometric and mythological based setting. The combat is exciting, addictive, and difficult, requiring the usual patience to take down even the most common of enemies. There were plenty of times where I failed to kill simple foes, just because I rushed in and spammed my left-click furiously.
End the conflict between Hades and Ares in this souls-like action RPG. Battle gods, defeat mythological creatures, and gather resources alone or in co-op in Achilles: Legends Untold.

While I do enjoy Achilles and the whole mythos in and around that character, the game itself might be a tad too action-y for my liking. I'll be reading here to see what others think once it's launched.

Looks kind of generic to me, and there are already enough games with similar settings. I'd probably be more interested if was third/first person, but it's hard for me to get excited about another isometric action-RPG.

Back
Top Bottom