General News - Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The free RPG Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby has been released on Steam:

Welcome to the World of Darkness

Step into the night as Zak Riley and Diane, mortal and Kindred, as their fates intertwine in an ominous plot involving a weakened Camarilla, the vampiric sect that wants to remain hidden, and a rising Sabbat, the fanatical group that sees humanity as cattle.

Meet dozens of characters, venture deep into the shadows and see the world through the eyes of both mortal and vampire, as you explore the Heartless Club.

Take your chances with the dice, face the consequences of your actions, and embrace the duality of Humanity and the Beast in this story rich cRPG set in the World of Darkness.

Covering just the prologue of the story, with well over an hour and a half of gameplay and several different endings, Vampire: The Masquerade - Heartless Lullaby was created in less than a month in celebration of the Vampire: The Masquerade Jam.

Features:

• Use your vampiric Disciplines (powers) to influence the world. Either by supernatural strength, sinister charm or sheer cunning, take your place in vampire society.
  • Semi-open locations with several ways to approach every situation. Leave no stone unturned.
  • A detective story embedded in a personal horror setting: heed the call of the Beast, or cling to your Humanity.
  • Experience the rule system of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition like never before; a seamless transition between pen & paper and cRPG.

More information.

Never heard of this one. What's with the sudden influx of new V:TM games?

I'm installing it now, but I don't have high expectations.

It's frustrating to see so many half-assed V:TM games released while the once promising Bloodlines 2 fades further into our memories.

I played through it. It's only a little more than an hour from start to finish.

It's not an RPG, it's an adventure game. It seems decent enough for what it is though. It sort of reminded me of a Telltale game. There's no C&C whatsoever though or at least not in that prologue.

Last edited:
Well Pardox announced today anyone can make a Vampire: The Masquerade game for free. It does come with a few rules like they get 30% of every sale. Here's the link.

Link - https://www.pcgamer.com/paradox-says-anyone-can-make-a-vampire-the-masquerade-game-if-they-want-to/

Sounds like Bloodlines 2 is officially dead as well.

I don't see anything saying Bloodlines 2 is officially dead. Are you seeing something I'm not? I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled, I just don't see it. I actually think its an interesting way to use a licence. I wish more licence holders would do this, especially with more or less dead series like Might and Magic and Wizardry. Its better than letting a licence sit and rot.

I don't see anything saying Bloodlines 2 is officially dead. Are you seeing something I'm not? I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled, I just don't see it. I actually think its an interesting way to use a licence. I wish more licence holders would do this, especially with more or less dead series like Might and Magic and Wizardry. Its better than letting a licence sit and rot.
There diluting the brand and letting anyone make a game now. So no it's just me looking at this news and making an opinion based on what I read. Does that help?

Just go over the last three years of news-bits on Bloodlines 2 and see it's development. Paradox wont talk about the game and they lost millions on it's development as well.

We keep getting a vague someone is working on it. That's all.

As for the IP it sounds good on paper allowing anyone to use the IP with restrictions, but I recall another similar IP Warhammer, and all the mediocre games that are released.

There diluting the brand and letting anyone make a game now. So no it's just me looking at this news and making an opinion based on what I read. Does that help?

Just go over the last three years of news-bits on Bloodlines 2 and see it's development. Paradox wont talk about the game and they lost millions on it's development as well.

We keep getting a vague someone is working on it. That's all.

As for the IP it sounds good on paper allowing anyone to use the IP with restrictions, but I recall another similar IP Warhammer, and all the mediocre games that are released.

I agree with your assessment about BL2 and am doubtful it will ever be released, but I think they will need to refund preorders and what not if they cancel it, and they aren't a small company, so I don't think they can just let it fade away without an official announcement.
As far as Warhammer goes, I think there have been some good games mixed in with the crap. I really enjoyed Sanctus Reach and Mechanicus and the Total War games are supposed to be good, though i don't like RTS, so I've passed on them. I personally would rather have 3 decent games and 15 bad ones than 0 games for a licence that I enjoy. Again thats just my opinion. I would never buy a Warhammer game blind, but would rather have to do my research to find a game that might interest me instead of not having the opportunity to buy a game at all.

Back
Top Bottom