ELEX II - Patch 4

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Pladio spotted patch 4 for ELEX II (a DX12 beta branch is available as well for better performance):

Patch 4 Notes

- Fixed some perk learn glitches
- Changed inconsistent naming of certain swords
- Changed fire texture size
- Fixed text errors
- Fixed certain graphics setting bugs
- Fixed too large VFX textures
- Bugfix in trade menu while reverting a sale when the player has no money
- Jax is now able to parry with twohanded weapons in certain situations
- Fixed certain GPU memory fragmention problems
- Fixed graphical issues
- Fixed text errors
- Fixed navigation issues of certain NPCs
- Fixed unwanted far distance visibility of Azok
- Fixed Hector not teaching thievery stuff
- Fixed Tilas not speaking with Marwin or Sid if the player had not spoken to him before
- Trolls roots are plants now
- Fixed Icon for damaged crossbow
- Jax is able to use the jetpack while falling after stumbling off a cliff now
- Fixed hit effects for rusty colossus robots
- Fixed graphical issues of certain meshes
More information.

Seems to have gotten awfully silent around this game. Any opinions from my fellow Watchers?

I know people talk a lot of sh*t about Elex 2, but I gambled on it this week, even after disliking and not finishing the first one.

I'm having an absolute blast with this game, and I'm not sure I can explain it.

In some ways it's too easy, but it's much more accessible, especially the exploration.

I am still playing. Looking forward to check out the patch.

While Elex 2 has massive issues with performance (at least till the patch, don't know if it got better), Elex 2 is also super refreshing in some regards:
You can really see that they put lots of effort in Designing a believable world. I am not talking about the quality of writing or anything like that.
But things like designing zones, putting little things here and there, and having "unnecessary" stuff, like after you finished a quest, NPCs are grouping together and do something, speeches or whatnot. They really put lot of effort into little things to fill out the world.
With that its the EXACT Opposite of Encased for example.

The first couple of hours gave me a poor impression, but it gets better quickly. I think I actually like it a little more than the first game.

Great game, I have completed it three times now. Some impressions are in the Elex 2 thread.

As bkrueger mentions, there are some impressions on the Elex 2 thread. But just to say, I personally enjoyed it immensely. A far better iteration than the original Elex. Combat is more forgiving (thank goodness!). Graphics are a lot better..... Key remapping is better...just so many improvements all round in my opinion. I also have to say, I have not had a single problem with performance. I run an RTX2060 Super, and an old i5 8400-so, nothing special. If you are sitting on the fence, due to a poor opinion about the original Elex....I recommend...Go for it!

Back
Top Bottom