VTM - Swansong - Review @ IGN

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN reviewed Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong - the game will be released tomorrow at the Epic Games Store:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Review

Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong constantly threatens to be a competent detective RPG, and it might've succeeded if not for the fact that it tirelessly gets in its own way. Its premise is interesting, but its heroes and villains are bland, and as a result, the lukewarm story takes far too long to rev up to its maximum potential.
By the time you finally become decently invested in its three playable characters and their individual quests for survival in the politically-charged vampire underworld, Swansong has already reached its finale. It might fare better on a second playthrough since even its most brutally obtuse puzzles are only difficult to bypass once and you'll have some idea of which skills you should specialize in on a given level; then it's all about getting to see those alternative paths that you could've taken the first time around. But it takes such a level of patience to get there in the first place that it might just be too much to ask from any mere mortal.
More information.

I was interested for the length of time it took me to watch some videos of the game, and by the end of those I was out. Janktastic.

must have been living under a stone..
didnt know the release was this close...

awesome !

too bad it is epic store...

Ouch seems most of the reviews online are not positive. Shame since Bloodlines 2 entered development hell and will probably be cancelled I hoped for something better.

Seems this IP is most assuredly cursed like the setting.:(

Back
Top Bottom