VTM - Swansong - Review @ But Why Tho

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
But Why Tho has reviewed Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong:

REVIEW: Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong Fails to Enchant (XSX)

Vampire The Masquerade - Swansong 1

Vampire: The Masquerade can be boiled down into a few key components: style, supernatural intrigue, and deep social interactions. With all of these elements in mind, the developers at Big Bad Wolf Studio and publisher Nacon made Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong to try and create a unique and deep narrative RPG within the setting. While some of its accomplishments are impressive when considering its assumedly limited budget, there are a few too many issues preventing it from being worth sinking your teeth into (pun intended).

The narrative takes center stage in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, which makes it all the more disappointing that its story isn't engaging enough to carry an entire game. It takes place in Boston as the council of vampires there has just received a Code Red, an alert that evidence of their existence might have leaked out.

[...]

TL;DR

I really wanted to love Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong. I already am a fan of its setting, desperately want AA video games to rise in prominence again, and love slow burns that are focused on character dialogue and interactions. However, there is just too much getting in the way of Swansong's success. There is no way of knowing exactly what happened, but the final product is one that I can't even recommend picking up on sale.

Score: 3/10
More information.

Back
Top Bottom