Vestaria Saga II - Release Date: July 28

Part one was one of the most challenging games I have ever played - can't wait for this one.

Agreed, part one was hard almost all the time, and downright brutal near/at the end. After playing that, every other game for the following six months or so seemed like a cinch!

I played the first game and remember it was developed by someone that had something to do with the Fire Emblem series. If I have free time I might pick this one up as well.

I played the first game and remember it was developed by someone that had something to do with the Fire Emblem series. If I have free time I might pick this one up as well.

So, the guy behind Vestaria Saga is named Shouzou Kaga and he's also the guy who made the original Fire Emblem games. When I hear it talked about he's not "one of the guys," he's "the guy." He was behind Fire Emblem 1-5, then left to found his own company - which Nintendo sued into the ground because they said his games were too much like Fire Emblem, which they still owned. Bastards.

(The two he released, Tear Ring Saga and Berwick Saga are both great for anyone who likes old Fire Emblem games)

Before Fire Emblem became focused on dating sim mechanics, grinding, high school sections, and generally trying to be Persona, the game was strategically dense and kinda hard. I won't lie, this game does not look very good and the UI is clunky as hell (it's made with SRPG Maker). But if you long for that old Fire Emblem challenge, then Kaga's still got it.

Well didn't need a gaming history lesson, but thanks.:)

Back
Top Bottom