Citizen Sleeper - Review

Best new RPG is a pretty bold claim. I've also seen it praised here at the Watch though, so I'm curious about it myself.

I just have a hard time getting past what the gameplay looks like to me. It's more like a point & click adventure game with RPG elements than an RPG. That's my impression anyways.

I can't stop laughing if this game is the Best New RPG..then it click's the whole genre is stale right now without any major releases till next year once again. So yeah maybe.

It's not an RPG as most people would define it, but it's a very cool game and I highly recommend it for any adventure game fans.

Nothing cliche about the story imo, Redglyph. Not sure where you're getting that from.

How is the writing quality?

Thanks. Added to my wishlist.

just cant stand anime style chars. makes me sick. sorry

just cant stand anime style chars. makes me sick. sorry

Normally I would agree with you about them making me sick but I don't think that is the case here. I would say they are a mix of old school anime (think Akira) and western style.

Have you looked at the character art in detail?

I'm not 100% sure about the gameplay loop either, it does seem like a more static, mainly text-based light RPG. But it's not very long and it seems original enough so I'll probably give it a try.

I hope the dice mechanics doesn't make the player feel like being starved of resources all the time, a feeling I don't particularly like.

Yeah, the "BEST New RPG" seems like the usual bait to get more views, I wouldn't worry about that.

Seems like a roguelike survival sim heavy on the rng.

It's actually light on the RNG as you're able to assign the results and thus decide which tasks will be easy to accomplish. It's more about risk assessment.

It's also not a roguelike.

It's barely survival sim. You do need to eat and such but there's no crafting or anything else one would expect from that genre description.

I don't know what you've read or watched but you kind of missed everything.

Back
Top Bottom