Genshin Impact - Version 2.8 Special Program

Version 2.8 Special Program|Genshin Impact

I read that there were a few codes given out during the "special program" video.
I don't know in how far it is legal to spread them through forums.

They are in the video and no secret:
WANVJAFAXTER
DTNVKAWBWSF5
HA6C2AFBXSZV

(valid until 3. July 12:00 AM UTC-4)

Some materials and 300 so-called primogems for the wishing banners.
300 is the equivalent of 5 daily quests for which you get 60 primogems.

These "wishing banners" are popular, it seems. Collecting figures that way seems to be popular. At least I got that impression through my SWTOR guil's discord channel - there are several people playing Genshin Impact there. ;)

Remember that this game is one of the games investigated by multiple UE Consumer Rights Organisations in 18 countries of the European Union due to deceptive design and exploitative use of lootboxes and gambling, and on course to be either heavily regulated or banned from all the countries under the European Union flag as well as the UK. This may cause anyone playing this game to lose access to it on short notice, thus losing all the progress and money invested.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-06-01-18-countries-back-report-calling-for-loot-box-regulations

https://www.eurogamer.net/18-european-countries-call-for-better-regulation-of-loot-boxes-following-new-report

The dutch law (in its current state) is not applicable on Genshin Impact:

What is actually new is the assessment criterion that to determine whether a loot box is an inseparable part of a game of skill, it must be looked at how the game is played by the vast majority of players. If this criterion is also used by the Dutch State Council in the future, this means that the actual in-game economy will be of high importance when assessing the legality of loot boxes.

Genshin Impact can be played to the current end without touching any lootbox. Even if you buy loot boxes - you can't win the game with them alone. You still have to play 90% of the time like a Free 2 Play user.
The Gacha part is completely optional as well - you can win the game with the free starting party.
So the Dutch law in its current form cannot tackle Genshin Impact at all.

Fortunately, the current process to ban gambling and deceptive design from products advertised for children and the mentally ill have nothing to do with the current state of the Dutch Law, and much less with whatever you think about how successful you can be by playing the game without using the lootboxes. The criteria analysed, and which will be target of regulations and bans are:

- Deceptive design.
- In-game purchases that are not clearly signalled in real-world currency (ie, using gems, crystals, etc that deceive the user about their value).
- Game design targetted or advertised towards minors.
- Opaque algorithms that conceal the outcome of a purchase.
- Lack of consumer rights and refund mechanisms for purchases made.

Genshin Impact is one of the main offenders of this, and potentially one of the first to go down when the new law comes in effect.

I disagree, because it is very clear what you pay for in Genshin Impact. The Gacha part is clearly explained as well.

The only thing that I can imagine for Genshin Impact, that it will be only allowed for adults in the future. Alternatively a monthly more expensive battle pass without paid Gacha and loot boxes. But even this is pure speculation.

So an 18 year old adult spends $20,000 on a game and Genshin 'causes' this and daddy is surprised?

This player can't handle money and should have no free access to an unlimited credit card. Next month she's on a spending spree at Amazon - maybe this has to be regulated as well.

Yes because Amazon sells you surprise pixel gamble boxes that contain cute waifus and husbandos advertised towards children, with deceptive/opaque visibility of what the chances are to actually get what you are after, and pricing stratagems like converting cash to gems so you don't actually know or feel how much money you are spending, without an age check or a refund policy.

I don't know who you are trying to convince. I'm not representative of the 18 European countries that are in the process of banning games like Genshin Impact.

Your lack of morality is noted, but also inconsequential.

I think the marketplace is very easy to read - you have to click 200 times (!) on the last button to reach 20000:

The gem page (which I have never used - this the reason for the first time double bonus which is still visible in my case):

Attachments

• Genshin.jpg
    Genshin.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 19
So an 18 year old adult spends $20,000 on a game and Genshin 'causes' this and daddy is surprised?

This player can't handle money and should have no free access to an unlimited credit card. Next month she's on a spending spree at Amazon - maybe this has to be regulated as well.

Maybe because of that, the games' "terms" has actually added a certain part about age and refunds.

But - on the other hand - this shows to me again 4 things :

- Parents are often overwhelmed by this generation of games - especially older generations of parents.

- Children should not have access to games like this.

- Children are not taught at school what actually "money" means.

- Unlimited Credit Cards should not exist.

Back
Top Bottom