Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II - Released

Can't find many reviews that are not videos, but the ones I found are not positive.
With few improvements with just the base resolution and frame rate change, and plenty of game-breaking bugs, it's impossible to recommend this broken $30 mess of a game at launch.

True it's what I expected as these new ports are cash grabs. Who owns Interplay nowadays? Last I remember they tried to make online Fallout and failed to keep the IP.

Only plus side is you don't need an emulator and rom to play on the PC anymore.

Last edited:
Given that Interplay no longer owns the D&D license they were probably quite restricted in what they could do. I imagine adding any new content wouldn't be allowed but upscaling existing textures might be okay.

Interplay supposedly sold some (most?) of their actual IP about 6 years ago and this is what they said:
Interplay has entertained millions of players with its well-recognized games, including Earthworm Jim, Freespace, Giants, Kingpin, Messiah, MDK, Run Like Hell, Sacrifice, Battlechess, Clayfighter, Dark Alliance, and Descent
Dark Alliance would of been unlikely to have sold given they didn't have the D&D license to go with it. Freespace, despite it being a great game, would be a bit of a hard sell and most of the others as well I imagine. I think Descent would of sold though?

True it's what I expected as these new ports are cash grabs. Who owns Interplay nowadays? Last I remember they tried to make online Fallout and failed to keep the IP.
Not sure who owns the majority of the shares, but apparently they're still a public company (traded OTC), which I didn't know. Ticker symbol is IPLY. Their current stock price is $0.0002 (1/50th of a penny) according to Yahoo Finance's data. :LOL:

wasnt that supposed to be a mobile release?

Back
Top Bottom