Disciples: Liberation

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Disciples: Liberation is a mature, dark fantasy strategy RPG with turn-based combat. Liberate the land of Nevendaar and uncover the endless stories hidden within this richly detailed world where every decision has a consequence, and every wrong move could be deadly.

Explore a rich overworld and align with a variety of in-world factions: from a human empire tinged by religious extremism to the dark forces of the undead lead by a mad queen. Assemble a team to gather precious resources, sway political standing, and take on brutal beasts in intricate turn-based battles.

Choice is everything in Disciples: Liberation and it is up to you how you write your story.

More information.

Finished this now after around 80h, overall a very good and solid game. It was very entertaining, the game is a succesful mix of good gameplay elements, dialogues and writing, map design and so on. There are few maps in total and kinda small but there is a ton of content on them, plenty of sidequests and almost all of them can be finished with more than one outcome. It was hilarious doing some quest chains for a faction and at the end of the last quest, killed the quests givers and sided with others; also some sidequests influence how factions and different npcs see you and react in later acts. Another fun thing, npcs you kill can return later in the game as demons or undead.

I think the best feature of this game is how the devs presented the lore and everything related to the universe, they wrote it to be very engaging and interesting, it was one of the few games i did not skip a dialogue line. Playing the Disciples 2 games would be good though, there is a lot of talk about events that happen in those games, even npcs and enemies from D2 appear in this one.

Cant say much about the combat since i played on easy but the main thing was to find the perfect party for each act since there were difficulty spikes at the start of an act. Each faction has 3 buildings with 4-5 units, later in the game, enemies were spawning with powerful units so i had to evolve as well to tier 3 or 4 units. There are 4 classes, went with the witch one, which is more like a DOT killer, ended the game at level 68.

Graphically, not much to say, the game looks spectacular in many moments, great lightning and color palette, all areas with many details. Dungeons were very nicely done although short.

THe biggest flaws i think are definitely how your HQ was made and unbalancing. Every faction has 3 buildings but your HQ has only 4 slots and you have to change the buildings many many times to get or compare different units; its pure pain in the ass, no idea what happened, maybe the game had gamebreaking bugs if devs enabled more building slots in your base lol. Another bad thing is the weapons, you get legendary weapons for you and all your companions around the middle of the game (if you do their personal quests), so every weapon after that is pretty much useless. Also there are some high level spells that just obliterate the field.

ps The game has a NG+ and its called Liberation mode and seems like its really worth it for a replay. There are 9 companions in the game, each with different skills but can only have 2 active in your team in normal game. In NG+ you can play with all 9, basically removing the army units, which should be pretty fun. Also NG+ has a ton of extra dialogues through which you can get exalted with all 4 factions (impossible in normal game) and get the best ending and a new area and boss.
IMO is well worth to play the game even if you dont know anything about this series or dont like this type of combat, easy mode is pretty affordable.

FG7q0d1.jpg

mgAyo2i.jpg

WnvRcsr.jpg

GvgQqm7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom