Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
A true successor to the original must be written by the creative mind behind the unforgettable, undying characters of that cult classic. Thus, Brian Mitsoda has returned to write the next step in the Bloodlines franchise. Fans can be sure the deep, reactive, character-driven storytelling of the original is coming back... maybe even alongside a few fan-favourite characters?

"When Paradox announced they were acquiring the World of Darkness IP, I immediately started thinking about what it would be like to return to Vampire: The Masquerade. Our aim has been to carry on the signature themes that made Bloodlines unique - particularly its dark tone, atmosphere, and humor - and I think that fans of the original will love what we're doing with Bloodlines 2." - Brian Mitsoda

Created in an act of vampire insurrection, your existence ignites a blood war among the vampire factions who run Seattle. To survive, you'll choose a clan and enter into uneasy alliances with the competing factions in a world which will react to every choice you make. Unleash your supernatural powers against your prey, but be mindful of your surroundings at all times or run the risk of breaking the Masquerade -- the absolute law of secrecy that keeps Vampire society hidden from humanity. You'll stalk the city streets for prey, maneuver complex political relationships, and balance your need for blood against your withering humanity.

Bloodlines 2 will provide you the choice of a number of clans, with more clans added to the game post-launch free of charge. Which clans and factions feature in Bloodlines 2 is just some of the information we're looking forward to sharing with you on our way to release on PC and consoles in Q1 2020!

More information.

Looks like whats undead can not remain dead for long. :LOL:

VtM: Bloodlines 2 - Release Date 'Soon'

Paradox Interactive CEO, Fredrik Wester, recently gave an interview with Privata Affärer in which he stated a release date will likely come relatively soon.

Last edited:
Best guess is the announcement will be in this months investor conference, and they will more then likely share a few twitter images about it. No video. It's the Paradox way. :biggrin:

Probably a slim chance but I'm more interested to find out what studio took over the games cursed development, and what it anything has been changed since two years ago.

My money is on Harebrained Schemes as they have been silent and helped Hardsuit Labs develop the game. I say that based on reports staff was leased from their studio.

Based on one screenshot and the studio hiring? Honestly just sounds like unverified rumor. I've never even heard of The Chinese Room either. Well known my behind at least to me.

True or false, it doesn't necessarily mean much. Studios can hire people to do the things they need them to do. It doesn't mean Vampire 2 would be like Dear Esther. The same studio made the Plague Tale games and Microsoft Flight Simulator, two games that on the surface are absolutely nothing alike.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't inspire a lot of hope either. The game has been in development for so long at this point, I'd be surprised if it turns out to be anything more than average.

Yup, I know I'm keeping my expectations seriously in check. At this point I'm simply pleased that at least it does appear it will be completed at some point.

Lmao, Walking Simulator Experts.

That's a dead profession. Nobody buys walking sims anymore. Guess TCR has got to find something to do.

New announcement from Paradox it's alive and more info is on the way.
It’s been quite a while between updates while we’ve had our heads down working on the game. We remain just as dedicated to delivering a great Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game as we were when we announced, and are looking forward to showing you more in September this year.

We acknowledge it was a long time ago that many of you pre-ordered Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As development continues, we will be updating the game’s editions and bonus content, and we want to provide the best value to those of you who supported us via digital pre-order after all this time. We are thus offering refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered any edition of Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2. As part of this process, we are proactively refunding all pre-orders of physical products, including the Collector’s Edition. The digital versions of the First Blood Edition, Unsanctioned Edition and Blood Moon Edition remain, but can be refunded if you choose.

We’re excited to show you more and hope to have all of you with us in September when we reveal more. We know you are eager to see how the game is coming along so we’ve put together a fresh batch of screenshots to share with you.

Back
Top Bottom