Forspoken

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
What is Forspoken?

We originally introduced the game last year, as working title PROJECT ATHIA. During SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS, we pulled back the curtain further, revealing the world, character and its actual name: Forspoken.

The game's a narrative-driven adventure, and it's developed by Luminous Productions. The studio's philosophy is to create gameplay experiences that combine the latest technology with unbridled creativity - and that's a pretty accurate way to describe their new game.

Forspoken has been designed specifically for the PlayStation 5, taking advantage of the new console's power and features to create a game that feels like a true next-gen experience.

What is Forspoken about?

In Forspoken, you'll play the role of Frey, as she enters Athia for the first time. This new land is stunningly beautiful, but also cruel and deadly. You can get a glimpse of the dangers she'll face in the new trailer:

Frey is brilliantly brought to life by the actor, Ella Balinska and she had this to say.

"As the first video game I've worked on, it's remarkable to see the incredible world and story of Forspoken come together, blurring the lines between reality and fantasy," said Balinska.

"Frey as a character is real, she's raw, she's a girl who lost her way - both figuratively and literally - and is a character I immediately connected with, as I feel many people around the world will too when they set off on this adventure."

More information.

Has to be the biggest flop in several years, at least among any AAA game that got some coverage here right? Peaked at 12.6K players on Steam, which is insane for a $70 game. 149 people playing it right now, a little over a month after release.

For comparison's sake, Expeditions: Rome peaked at 9.8K. And it has 119 people playing it right now, over a year after release.

Has to be the biggest flop in several years, at least among any AAA game that got some coverage here right? Peaked at 12.6K players on Steam, which is insane for a $70 game. 149 people playing it right now, a little over a month after release.

For comparison's sake, Expeditions: Rome peaked at 9.8K. And it has 119 people playing it right now, over a year after release.
Don't forget about Babylon's Fall, also published by Square Enix.

I'm not sure which was the bigger flop, but they both have to be near the top.

They could of just saved themselves a lot of money if they had of just asked a REGULAR gamer whether they thought the idea for the game was any good... Guess what? F all people want to play as a whiney wisecracking high school dropout from the bronx?!? I mean, is it really a big suprise?

I have a feeling some of these studios employ a bunch of woke creative types and put them in room to come up the design for a game and it is like an echo chamber where everyone is afraid to say how f'ing stupid the idea because they are afraid they are going to called sexist, racist, whatever else they might be offended by. It is like what Chris Rock calls "Selective outrage" in his latest netflix show...

Of course the game itself was just plain shit. But if at least they had of made the main character less annoying or someone that more gamers could identify with they might of at least sold a few more copies.

I'm not sure which was the bigger flop, but they both have to be near the top.
Babylon's Fall looks like a much bigger flop. Had forgotten that existed - didn't get nearly as much discussion here as Forspoken.

Babylon's Fall looks like a much bigger flop. Had forgotten that existed - didn't get nearly as much discussion here as Forspoken.
True. I never even knew there was such a game!! I guess that means they spent a hell of a lot less on marketing though! Forspoken was plastered all over the web.

Back
Top Bottom