WoW - Wrath of the Lich King: Release in September

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Bluenews reports that Blizzard will release Wrath of the Lich King Classic on September 26:

WoW: Wrath of the Lich King Classic in September

Blizzard announces World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic will launch on September 26th. This will give nostalgic World of Warcraft players the chance to roll back the clock and once again kick some Arthas while recalling Blizzard's glory days as a beloved developer. The expansion will re-launch on all World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic realms, and it will be open to anyone with an active World of Warcraft subscription.
As usual, this will include some ways for players experience some of this with less playing: "In the lead-up to launch, players can experience Joyous Journeys, a 50%-bonus-XP event that will run until Wrath of the Lich King Classic's September 26 launch.
Prior to release, all WoW subscribers will be granted the ability to create one Death Knight per Classic realm, which they can bring to level 70 through Burning Crusade Classic(tm) content until September 26. In addition, players will also be able to purchase optional upgrades, including new cosmetic items and a level-70 character boost for those who might not yet have a fully leveled character."

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

I wish this was isometric turn based singleplayer! Tried WOW only once in my life. Logged on and followed the first mission's trail in the forest. What amazing unique gameplay I found was that the NPC dude who explained the mission mentioned that some danger is involved in this one.. So I was walking in the forest on the path toward the mission and all I saw was corpses of dead players literally littering the entire walkway all the way. I thought this was super-ominous and very well done! I want to realize something similar in an SSI-style turn-based game. Be it sci-fi or fantasy.

You create your party. Walk over to the first important NPC, who gives you the first mission. Then as you walk towards your mission target, the number of corpses of amazing and very dead newbie adventurers are gradually increasing. :D :D
Then you arrive to the destination, which is a cave. Turns out a Dragon Merchant is living there, who is trading in all kinds of valuable magic treasure, weapons, accessories, etc..
But the Dragon identifies as a Non-Binary Magical Person, who asks you to guess the correct pronoun - from the available 150 - you can use when talking and trading. Only one pronoun fits and there are no savegame re-loads. As soon as you fail to name the correct pronoun the Dragon merchant is identifying with, the Dragon Merchant massacres you horrifically while you listen to your party's death-screams..

- - You gaze at the monitor.. showing you all party members in bloody pieces on the ground with the snickering Dragon kicking around the torn body-pieces. As you spent at least two hours creating that glorious party..

Last edited:
So no new servers for this, dont know if i will play, now 95% of ingame chat is about the dungeon auctioning, forgot what the term is

Back
Top Bottom