Non-RPG General News - Alone in the Dark Coming Back

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Twisted Voxel reports on a leak, courtesy of a French retailer, of survival horror game Alone in the Dark which includes box art, screenshots, and a description.

The updated version of the survival horror classic brings a psychological horror experience featured in a Southern Gothic setting. According to the game's description in the retailer listing, players will experience a story that is both memorable and sinister through the eyes of one of the two protagonists in this ode to the cult video game of the 1990s.

In Alone in the Dark, you'll have the opportunity to explore various environments as Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood, fend off monsters, solve puzzles, and learn the horrible truth about Derceto's mansion. In the 1920s, Emily Hartwood's uncle vanished in the heart of the American South. She searches for him in the Derceto mansion, a psychiatric facility where something prowls, with the assistance of private investigator Edward Carnby. According to the description, you will encounter strange occupiers, nightmare kingdoms, terrifying creatures, and work towards uncovering a malicious plot. The adventure that awaits you is at the junction of reality, mystery, and madness.

[...]

alone-in-the-dark-1
More information.

I never got into this series despite being a big fan of survival-horror in general. This one looks pretty good though. I'm glad it's not a continuation of any of the previous games.

It'll never be scary as the original one back in the days.

It'll never be scary as the original one back in the days.
To be fair, most of the scares I had in that game were because I knew that when something appeared and I had to run away I knew the control scheme and the collision detection would make it quite a challenging task!!

Good times!

Back
Top Bottom