RPG General News - George Ziets Interview @ GameBanshee

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GameBanshee has interviewed George Ziets about his current projects:

George Ziets Interview

Back in 2019, during a Matt Chat episode, George Ziets told the world about Digimancy Entertainment, his new studio dedicated to developing RPGs and RPG hybrids. And while the studio is yet to release its debut project, it now employs a number of Obsidian and inXile veterans, as well as some promising fresh faces from the team behind Disco Elysium.

With that in mind, we figured it was past time for us to reach out to George, who you probably know as the creative lead on the Mask of the Betrayer expansion for Neverwinter Nights 2 and a contributor to many an Obsidian and inXile RPG over the years, and ask him a few questions about Digimancy Entertainment, his previous projects, and game design and development in general.

So, without further ado, here's our interview with George Ziets:

GameBanshee: Let's start with the basics. Please tell us a bit about yourself, your notable projects, and your current endeavors. Basically, give us an elevator pitch for George Ziets.

George Ziets: I'm a narrative designer at heart who has worn a lot of hats. And I love RPGs - both playing them and making them. My current hat is CEO of Digimancy Entertainment, but I spent most of my career as a writer and designer at InXile and Obsidian Entertainment.

I got into the industry at the tail end of the Infinity Engine era, dreaming of making more of those games (just as they were going out of style), but I did get to work on Neverwinter Nights 2, and I was creative lead on its expansion, Mask of the Betrayer. Since then, I've been a designer and writer on all manner of RPGs of varying quality and infamy, from Fallout: New Vegas to Wasteland 3 to Torment: Tides of Numenera.

More recently, I co-founded Digimancy Entertainment with two other RPG veterans - Steve Dobos and Kevin Saunders. Our mission is to make narrative-driven RPGs, create new worlds, and work with like-minded devs from all over the world. We have one self-funded, internal project in development, but we're also collaborating with other studios on RPGs and adjacent games and developing original pitches for publisher-funded RPGs.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Hmm....I remember sharing this in the other news-thread. Yep it's from July.

Still an interesting read if anyone missed it.

Back
Top Bottom