Sovereign Syndicate - Demo Trailer

I tried the demo version. It's technically Disco Elysium with Victorian era steampunk setting. Not having actual combat can be a letdown for some people. But it has strong roleplaying elements.

The new demo is out btw. It was actually uploaded yesterday. I've no idea what's different though between it and the older playtest.

Cool I want to try it but not overly optimistic. I really do prefer games where I can make my own character. The older I get the more important this has become, not less, so with each year I become more picky about my games it seems. Still I liked GameDec, which was no combat and based of Disco E., so maybe.

Wartales appeals, even though turn based, as you are basically anyone you want to be. So lots of freedom to just RP your own person in the world. I really value that.

I tried the Robin Hood demo but it became clear how very tied it was to being Robin Hood, including religion and Maid Marianne, so that wasn't for me.

EDIT: Getting the demo at least, its free and should give a small taste of the game., Maybe I will luck out and like it.

arcanum vibes !
Both yes and no. The setting is similar to Arcanum but the rest of the game is similar to Disco Elysium. The game also uses cards. So bottom-line it wont be for everyone.

Not a big fan of choose-your-own-adventure games like this and Disco - but it looks good for the genre, I suppose.

I've installed it and tried a little, but it's indeed the same inner dialogues than Disco Elysium, which isn't my cup of tea, and it uses cards which isn't my preferred thing either. I didn't find much motivation to go very far but it should please fans who loved Disco Elysium.

This game makes my graphics card pretty hot too, 50% GPU in the menu alone, jet engine mode in the game after tuning the graphics down two notches. There's really nothing to justify that, the graphics are OK but nothing more. And sure enough, it's made with Unity.

So that's a pass for me.

Both yes and no. The setting is similar to Arcanum but the rest of the game is similar to Disco Elysium. The game also uses cards. So bottom-line it wont be for everyone.
ah too bad. disco game is not my thing

Some of you probably missed this in my thread.

27 Minutes of Sovereign Syndicate PC Demo Gameplay

Set in a steampunk, fantasy version of Victorian-era London, you’ll assume the role of one of Sovereign Syndicate’s three protagonists. While the demo only offers us a brief moment with Atticus Daley, the full game will also feature the corsair, Clara Reed as well as Otto the Automaton.
Preview: Sovereign Syndicate "Disco Syndicate" - GameLuster
While I’m normally a fan of demos, and especially well done demos, it almost feels like this one backfired. There’s not quite enough story to either satisfy as a brief experience or properly tease the full release. You’ll pick up items, some of which are useful, others seemingly useless, all of which have no good explanation about their utility or contextual hints about how they might be used. The actual structure and layout of the suit decks isn’t explained particularly well. Worse, there are situations where you’re already talented enough without drawing a card to pass the check, but you’re still forced to do so for some obscure reason. The constraints you run headfirst into are obvious and frustrating, which isn’t a good thing for a demo because you’ll have long since stopped being interested about overcoming them. One hopes that Sovereign Syndicate will be more enjoyable once the full game is released, but the demo does not exactly inspire confidence.

That doesn't sound great. Hope they can make it better as if it's not good in its core systems, then nothing else will be able to salvage it.
Some of you probably missed this in my thread.

27 Minutes of Sovereign Syndicate PC Demo Gameplay

Preview: Sovereign Syndicate "Disco Syndicate" - GameLuster

Back
Top Bottom