Roadwarden - Interview by Couchpotato

Thanks go to Couchpotato and Aureus for the interview and Redglyph for proofreading.
The developer thread can be found here.

Thanks for the interview. It looks like an interesting game, but I'm not really a visual novel type player, so I'm not sure its for me. Games like Pillars of Eternity or Torment are about as much reading as I am comfortable with, and I like gameplay to break it up.

Nice! Happy to see you are nearing the completion, Aureus!

Roadwarden is one of those titles that I've been following for years and the reason, interestingly, has a lot to do with RPGWatch. You see, I started doing regular #screenshotsaturday postings in my own thread on Indie RPG section. Roadwarden was one of my sort of imaginary competitors as we both had similar view count and both kept similar frequency of updates, often "fighting" for the top spot.

Anyways, I would keep an eye on Roadwarden because of that and also because it is somewhat unique and distinct from other RPGs/novels out there. Both visually and conceptually.

So, in the end, I ended up following the development quite closely.

Just wanted to say - good job and best of luck!

Great interview, CouchPotato! I hope to see more interviews :)

I downloaded the demo. It's a good story. The game has moved up my 'play next' list to near the top.

Thank you for the conversation, CouchPotato, and thank you all for the encouragement!

Roadwarden was one of my sort of imaginary competitors
I went through something similar on Twitter / Facebook, but I must admit, making one project for almost 4 years has played games with my mind. It's so weird to see how many projects I initially tried to compete with (or more often - support) have died, or reached success, or became general failures, or stay in the same limbo where they started. Unironically, my efforts started in the world before Covid, and end with the Russian invasion happening like half a day away from my house.

It's weird to think about all these indie games that were in the forge for six, eight years. Such a massive chunk of one's life, with so many expectations.

I like the sound design in this one, when I was traveling throw matches uh, reminded me of real life :)

Back
Top Bottom