Suikoden I&II HD - Announced for 2023

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The remastered versions of the J-RPGs Suikoden I&II will be released for the PC in 2023:

Suikoden I&II

A hero's destiny is written in the Stars
The legendary Konami JRPGs Suikoden I and Suikoden II have now been remastered in HD!

The Story of Suikoden I
A once renowned hero turns into a violent tyrant, and an empire falls into decline.
A Liberation Army is rising up in an act of rebellion against an oppressive rule.
One by one the 108 stars of Destiny gather to shape the course of history.

The Story of Suikoden II
Our story's hero and his friend Jowy are members of the Unicorn Youth Brigade, which participated in a drawn-out border dispute between the Highland Kingdom and the City-States of Jowstown .

A few months earlier, a truth agreement was signed between the two forces, both of which were happy to see an end to the fighting.
However, hidden under the momentary peace the fires of a new war continued to smolder...

Features of Suikoden I & Suikoden II HD

• All background illustrations have been upgraded to HD
  • Updated effects breathe new life into the pixel art animation
  • New environmental sounds effects to immerse yourself in this fantasy world
  • Battle SFX are also now HD and add a new level of realism
  • Newly added auto-save
  • Battle Fast Forward
  • Conversation Log
More information.

The remastered versions of the J-RPGs Suikoden I&II will be released for the PC in 2023:

More information.
I'll definitely be picking this up. The first couple of Suikoden games were some of my all time favorite JRPGs. The "collecting members and growing your base" gameplay was always unique and fun. This new version looks incredible, loving the graphics

I never understood the cult status of these games. I had both on PS1 back in the day. I played the first game, but I don't think I ever finished it. I never touched Suikoden II, but I remember selling my copy for far more than I paid for it.

I guess it'll be nice for fans looking for a nostalgia trip. I'm somewhat surprised that Konami is releasing them on Steam.

Pixelated Characters look very odd compared with the upgraded backgrounds. That's a no for me.
I agree. I think it looks especially bad during combat.

I suspect the reason they did that though is because of fan backlash over other remakes of older JRPGs where they tried to smooth out the character sprites. The original Steam versions of Final Fantasy IV-VI come to mind.

As a fan of the series who sold every copy and made a big profit on consoles I'll buy this day one. This is probably happening because of the funded successor on Kickstarter.

I hope they port the other four games as well in the future.^^

This is guna be dope, I often find im trying to find games similar to this series. Not many other games have scratch the itch

As long as they're priced accordingly (instead of the usual, unjustified overprice we see when both Capcom and Square port their games to PC), I'll be getting them as well!

I enjoyed the original games but they're not huge favourites for me... I might pick them up again but even if I don't, I love seeing more of these older JRPGs and sRPGs coming to PC!

Suikoden 2 is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time, but I have no need or desire to revisit in in 2023. I do hope Hundred Heroes turns out well, and if so I will play that.

Back
Top Bottom