Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Update on September 29

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
On September 29 PC users of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will get a free update to the enhanced version:

As a reminder: "Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will arrive on consoles on September 29, 2022. The Enhanced Edition will be the standard version for the console release, featuring quality-of-life improvements and a photo mode, together with additional high-level content related to several mythic paths and other features and tweaks. All owners of the PC version will also receive a free update to the Enhanced Edition on September 29."
Thanks Redglyph!

PS: Enhanced Version AMA

More information.

Replay incoming probably
I tried to replay on demon path but it felt really weird in the context and story and did not get very far, maybe i will try swarm, i read its disgusting :ROFLMAO:

Awesome. I was just about to start chapter 5.

I finally managed to get traction on Kingmaker and just wrapped up chapter four. Sounds like Wrath will be in a good state when I'm done with it's predecessor.

It seems savegames will be compatible and no need to restart playthrough for enhanced edition. Good news for me.

Without or with minimal spoiler. I think I know how you'd pursue 'swarm' but wouldn't that be later in the game, and if so, does the game just allow you to switch mythic paths at that point?

Without or with minimal spoiler. I think I know how you'd pursue 'swarm' but wouldn't that be later in the game, and if so, does the game just allow you to switch mythic paths at that point?
You will need to change mythics at some point and you need to complete a few quests in a certain way to be able to become a Swarm I believe. I've never done it, but that was my impression.

More like a "slightly" enhanced edition. I suppose the title change is an attempt to boost PC sales?
They would be fools not to take this opportunity after tuning and polishing the game for consoles. The -60% that comes with it should give another extra boost.

I wonder how the console reception will be, after the bad outcome of Kingmaker's port.

Great game, still actively playing it. And Im actually glad the enhanced version is just a patch and not standalone version of the game. I can continue with my playthrough and already enjoy improvements.

I wouldnt expect this will sell much on consoles, but I suppose Owlcats made some analysis which suggested its viable.

Glad to see this - not huge but some additional polish and content which is always welcome.
Decided to do a new play through now. While I hated Mortal Legend the first time I did it I think I will redo it. I learned the hardway how bittersweet that path is if you started with Angel or Azata first. If I start with a path I somewhat don't like and want to get rid of later, like Trickster, it should work out much better. Plus I want to see the little party the guards throw for you.

More like a "slightly" enhanced edition. I suppose the title change is an attempt to boost PC sales?
Pretty much the usual practice for kick-starter RPGs. It's either enhanced or called the definitive version. Up next will be the platinum version and to further milk the franchise.

Even for any game with enough sales to justify it, I'd say. ;) Like Skyrim Anniversary Edition, Skyrim GOG (hoping it provides the updates and doesn't have broken features)...

Pretty much the usual practice for kick-starter RPGs. It's either enhanced or called the definitive version. Up next will be the platinum version and to further milk the franchise.
And after the platinum edition, comes the diamond edition. Then the Beamdog remaster. :D

WotR has at least another year's worth of DLC to go still, so I'm sure we'll get some of those.

Whats weird though is the PC version is not called the Enhanced Edition as I updated my GOG version and the there is no enhanced anywhere in the title like King-Maker. ^^

And after the platinum edition, comes the diamond edition. Then the Beamdog remaster. :D

WotR has at least another year's worth of DLC to go still, so I'm sure we'll get some of those.
Give it time as Beamdog needs new games as they are 0-2 with original IP's.:rotfl:

I don't see what the issue is. If you want the new editions, whatever they are called, you buy them (and, in this case it was free for existing owners and yet people still want to complain and moan and groan over it). If you don't, you don't. Who cares? If the marketing helps expose the games to more people who buy them and get to enjoy them, what's wrong with that? Why does it even bother people? Such a silly thing.

Last edited:
Bother me no I just love to bitch on forums. As not everything is personal. :mwahaha:

Because often it is shoddy business practice? Owlcats do it right but often publishers (like Zenimax) sell it as if it is a new game when it sure as shit isn't. Free patch is the right way to go. Little Johnny doesn't know what has changed and he will spend his money even when he doesn't really have enough. No reason to suck up the megacorporations.

Well as Todd Howard put it.
“Even now, the amount of people who play Skyrim seven years later; millions of people every month are playing that game. That's why we keep releasing it. If you want us to stop releasing it, stop buying it.”
Sure the megacorporations are greedy but the blame is partly the consumers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom