1428: Shadows over Silesia - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Medieval RPG 1428: Shadows over Silesia will be released today:

1428: SHADOWS OVER SILESIA - Release trailer

Shadows over Silesia is a dark action adventure game with fantasy elements set in real medieval Europe. With true historical events in the background, you'll be facing intricate puzzles, challenging battles and cunning stealth. You will come across possessed devil worshipers, sexual demons, and beasts from hell, as well as creatures well-known from European mythology.

Dark fantasy story
Europe is in the middle of religious upheaval and many preachers predict that the end of the world is near. The year is 1428 and the Hussites have just set out on their Silesian campaign. These heretics appear to be the biggest threat in the kingless country. But true evil of a completely different kind is lurking nearby and it does not intend to engage in religious disputes.

You will experience everything from the point of view of the two main characters. Hynek, a grumpy Hussite hetman who doesn't hesitate to swear or mess around with anything, and Lothar, a Hospitaller knight, a man of good education and manners who stands alongside his brethren in the front line of the Silesian defense. Each has their own motivations and views of the world around them, and different equipment and abilities. Their fates will soon become intertwined. Will they face one another, weapon in hand, or forge a fragile alliance to stand shoulder to shoulder against a far worse enemy?

Challenging puzzles
The original puzzles you will come across on your dangerous journey will most definitely be tough. Classic adventure games of the 1990s were a big inspiration. You will have to take advantage of your surroundings, look for objects, obtain information, and solve puzzles or encoded messages. Some problems can be solved in multiple ways, or they can be cleverly worked around.

Sneaking in the shadows
Sometimes you'll have to blend into the shadows and sneak past enemies to avoid being detected. Following their patrol routes and habits will help you find the best path.

Tough combat
The combat system is easy to understand but it takes practice to fully master it. Remember one thing: being outnumbered is a problem! If three or more opponents attack you at the same time, you will die! The key is to take advantage of their mistakes, wait for the right moment, and then attack. You will face not just knights, villagers, and robbers, but also various supernatural beings who are not to be underestimated.

THE GAME IS FULLY BLIND ACCESSIBLE. More information on the game's website.
More information.

I had completely lost track of that game. Let's see if they can release it today, they seem to have a problem with Steam's process.

All I saw was an average translation from a Czech review, so I'll wait until I see some opinions.

I decided to check out the demo on steam. It was interesting and made my way through the first few quests, but then I got to a quest that had a time limit on it and I failed to complete the quest anywhere near within the time the game gave me. I don't like time limits in crpg's. Makes me want to uninstall it and not make any further attempts.

on steam now All-time peak:46 and just a review, seems not many know about this game

It's a relatively small first game by a small team, I don't expect many reviews or massive sales. If you try the demo, you'll see what I mean; it wasn't entirely convincing but it let me hope they could do a nice little indie game.

Not a fan of multiple parallel stories told from two different protagonists. ^^

I'm not a big fan either, that's the part I didn't like in The Witcher 3.

But it depends, if it's well done and not forced, I believe it can be interesting.
I know The Witcher 3 jumped around in time, but I don't remember different protagonists. If it's the same protagonist I'm fine. I'd rather have linear time progression, but anything is better than switching protagonists. Anything. What I'm talking about is in the western RPG, you do a scene with a character, then you start over in a new scene with a new character. I dislike that. Another game this is Octopath Traveler.

Banner Saga games are like that, they have a dozen+ protagonists, you can easily forget about them :LOL:

Banner Saga games are like that, they have a dozen+ protagonists, you can easily forget about them :LOL:
Yeah the first game was easy to follow. It was the second and third game were it got confusing. There is a fanbase for stories like this among a demographic of book readers.

Is this how this game is? Somewhat recently, I bought a western themed rpg. I forget the name. It had this 'parallel' storytelling. I dislike when games do this immensely.
The description claims you follow two protagonists who eventually work together.
You will experience everything from the point of view of the two main characters. Hynek, a grumpy Hussite hetman who doesn't hesitate to swear or mess around with anything, and Lothar, a Hospitaller knight, a man of good education and manners who stands alongside his brethren in the front line of the Silesian defense. Each has their own motivations and views of the world around them, and different equipment and abilities. Their fates will soon become intertwined. Will they face one another, weapon in hand, or forge a fragile alliance to stand shoulder to shoulder against a far worse enemy?

Since you mentioned western, remembered the first Call of Juarez :D

I know The Witcher 3 jumped around in time, but I don't remember different protagonists.
The player had to switch between Geralt and Ciri a few times, without any prior warning and without any choice. Ciri was only half-cooked in terms of abilities so playing as her was a little annoying. That feature was badly implemented overall, fortunately it wasn't too often.

It's a different genre but the remake of Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened will allow to switch between Sherlock and Watson; this would potentially be more interesting because they have complementary skills and points of view that could help solve a case.
What I'm talking about is in the western RPG, you do a scene with a character, then you start over in a new scene with a new character. I dislike that.
It could also be Weird West, the player has to change characters sometimes, and they lose some abilities. EDIT: just saw you mentioned it in a later post.

The player had to switch between Geralt and Ciri a few times, without any prior warning and without any choice. Ciri was only half-cooked in terms of abilities so playing as her was a little annoying. That feature was badly implemented overall, fortunately it wasn't too often.
Yeah, I don't think the way it was done in TW3 is really comparable. You only switch to Ciri for maybe a total of two hours in the entire game.

Personally, I liked the brief changeup just for the additional variety, but I agree she felt limited compared to Geralt.

Back
Top Bottom