Disco Elysium - No Sequel from ZA/UM?

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Martin Luiga told Gamepressure that he thinks that ZA/UM will not make a Disco Elysium successor:

"Fans Have the Right to Know" - Disco Elysium Co-Creator Talks ZA/UM Losing With the System

The sad news of ZA/UM Cultural Association's dissolution and the firing of key figures from the studio that gave us Disco Elysium have left many players hurting. We talked the man who delivered it to the public.

[...]

"I think ZA/UM Studio in its current form will not be developing the sequel and I am unsure of the number of people that left in the company who also worked on the original Disco."

However, we can still expect some amazing stuff in the future coming from Kurvitz, Hindpere and Rostov, who did not say the last word in gamedev:

"I think the three will continue making games, as for myself, I haven't decided the level of my involvement as of yet. Right now, it is mostly the phase of pondering ideas and managing our problems."

[...]
More information.

That would be sad. I hope somebody else sees the potential in this style of game and offers the main protagonists another chance. I read somewhere (may be on RPGWatch?), that some important people from Telltale get such chance in another company, so I hope this for the Disco Elysium people too.

Yeah the original staff is mostly gone but the company still exists. @Stingray mentioned on another thread they do have another game in production, but no info to share.

well the commies were cancer. the game can be created without the nihilism and the scientism .. zizek is a joke of a thinker ). but there are too many things i want changed about it. the world is nice though. it can be reused. you can even reuse the same map.. just change the main chhar

well the commies were cancer. the game can be created without the nihilism and the scientism .. zizek is a joke of a thinker ). but there are too many things i want changed about it. the world is nice though. it can be reused. you can even reuse the same map.. just change the main chhar
True that. It was inevitable that they would backstab each other at some point.

True that. It was inevitable that they would backstab each other at some point.
What? Backstabbing as in something our wonderful capitalists never do? And would never screw each other for money or power? :ROFLMAO: Oh wait, the creative leadership were actually fucked by business interests. Those god-damm commie business men. :LOL:

Let's face it. The creative leadership did one hell of job with this game. Absolutely fantastic work of art. Something rarely seen these days, and likely we won't see for another 10-20 years. I mean, it took that much inbetween this and Planescape Torment. Not that these were the only meaningful games that truly transcend the stereotype of "video game". But there sure are very few that actually do that. And actually make you stop and think. Games that prove the medium can also be true art. Disco Elysium is easily on that very short list.

I would really hope something would come out of this, but knowing how moneyed interests always seem to win, I'm not holding my breath. The dude really does deserve to win, since I hear he pretty much wrote the book the game's story and universe was built on.

Last edited:
I was never interested in this game, but didn't know the developers were communist, lol. Now I know why this game was praised and hyped to the moon so much by the PC Gaming media....:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom