Mount & Blade II - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TaleWorlds Entertainment has released Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord on Steam and GOG, together with Dev Update #11. The game benefits from a -20% release discount until November 8:

Development Update #11: Banners, Cutscenes and AI Updates

Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Now lets get those mods updated with this release version. The base game is lacking in unit upgrades and equipment.
Yep mods are were this game shines just like the past versions.

I hope the game of throne mod is updated soon.

Kinda disappointed by the lack of features coming with the official release of the game.
From what I read on Steam the game has a somewhat troubled development. The developer promised certain features only to focus on the online features instead.

That's why mods are a must for this game otherwise it's found lacking.

I've played this A LOT over the last couple of years, but set it aside awhile ago. From what I understand, it's actually gotten worse as they've added/changed patches. It's fun in the beginning, but falls apart about mid-game and beyond (AI, army management, money, etc). The devs have made it clear that it's not an empire-builder, even though it leads you in that direction.

Maybe future expansions will fix it?

Yay, it's out! Just one more year to go! ;)

What is it then?
Playing a peasant or noble who ends up building your own dynasty under a different kingdom. Even the older games didn't encourage you as management was a hassle.

What is it then?
Their direct reply to my concerns on the Steam forum:

"The game is more about playing as a character and fighting alongside and leading your troops on the battlefield. You shouldn't think of it as some type of grand strategy game where you play as God.

What you can do however is call lords within your kingdom to an army, effectively allowing you to lead a huge amount of soldiers. You can also expand your clan and allow clan members to raise and lead their own parties too to help defend your territory." Callum

I've played this A LOT over the last couple of years, but set it aside awhile ago. From what I understand, it's actually gotten worse as they've added/changed patches. It's fun in the beginning, but falls apart about mid-game and beyond (AI, army management, money, etc). The devs have made it clear that it's not an empire-builder, even though it leads you in that direction.

Maybe future expansions will fix it?
Hopefully.

The game feels incomplete at the moment. I have also played quite a lot and what you say is really true. Early games are fun. You fight bandits. tournaments, do quests for nobles, villagers, gangs et merchants. You trade. All of this is really fun. Smithing, which is one of the are few new features over the original game feels broken & silly. Large scale battles get totally messy and it's very difficult to have any sort of impact (positive or negative) over them. Wedding + relation with your "family" is barely there. Your spouse just feels like another companion. War & peace feel random.

Most of those same problems existed in past games. You'd think they would have fixed them with the ten years of development. Seems the developer just scammed cash. :biggrin:

So this is just a graphical upgrade? Did they add\improve anything? I thought the siege portion was supposed to be improved too. It's been so long not sure I care anymore. I mostly play mods though so will wait a few more years. I am getting kind of old here people!!! lol

So this is just a graphical upgrade? Did they add\improve anything? I thought the siege portion was supposed to be improved too. It's been so long not sure I care anymore. I mostly play mods though so will wait a few more years. I am getting kind of old here people!!! lol
They promised the moon and failed to deliver. A new paint job on the same old game that took ten years to develop is nothing to be proud of. I'm amazed at the support on steam.

The graphical update is certainly the biggest improvement on the game.

Yeah, sieges have been sort of improved but I'm not sure it works well. We now have ballistas and catapults, along with battering rams and sieges towers. I did two siege battles yesterdays and it was messy and somewhat bugged. The game works so much better with small scale battles.

That's quite disappointing.
However I haven't played the prequel at all, so for me it'll be all new. Perhaps I'll wait for some more updates and a discount.

That's quite disappointing.
However I haven't played the prequel at all, so for me it'll be all new. Perhaps I'll wait for some more updates and a discount.
It's a disappointment but mods are were these games shine. As the vanilla game in each new version was always found lacking. I hoped this game would have been different.:'(

Back
Top Bottom