Stellar Tactics - Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Maverick Games posted an update about Stellar Tactics:

Engine update, radar mini-map, career bonuses and starting ship selections

Engine update, radar mini-map, tutorials, more choices when creating a new character, and ship class bonuses.
Lots of changes today and a few bug fixes. Meanwhile, I am working on the Chapter 2 content which should be released late December or January. Notes below.

GAME ENGINE UPDATED:

Much smoother gameplay even with saves that have hundreds of hours played. In general, the updated core engine will provide better visual fidelity and smoother camera movement

Camera smoothing updated.

The game engine now requests the highest power GPU for laptops and systems that have both Intel and NVidia/ATI GPU's. In the past, this was a problem. In many cases the default settings on Laptops were trying to render the game on the Intel GPU which was much slower and in some cases did not fully support the shaders required to render game effects, causing crashes on these systems. The work around was to manually force high power rendering through the control panels.
NOTE: The new engine only supports 64bit OS. For 32bit OS, the game will fall back to the older renderer/engine.

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Game looks better every time!
The UI alone looks leaps better than when I first played years ago. Portraits, too!
Godspeed, mate!

Send a mention in a few years when the game is finally finished. I'm not a fan of playing incomplete Early Access games for years. The developer has no timetable either.^^

I'm pretty sure he is working on this alone? Do we hold him to the standards of AAA? What ever that is.

I have 100+ hours in this one and I can't recommend it enough, even at this stage the base game open world aspect is solid. The addition of a story is just icing on the cake.
In a lot of ways it reminds me of the PNP game Traveller. I am looking forward to future updates as they come out.

Had this on my wishlist for years, finally bought it in the past couple of months. Haven't had time to check it out yet, have a long weekend coming up, sounds like now is a good time.

I have 100+ hours in this one and I can't recommend it enough, even at this stage the base game open world aspect is solid. The addition of a story is just icing on the cake.

But its not complete story, right? According to news there is only chapter 1 in the game.

No it's not complete story wise but I think I read somewhere there's supposed to be 4 chapters but I might be wrong.

Right now even with the limited story there are still 4 factions each of which has a unique device that you have to work toward getting enough faction favor points to to acquire acquire plus there's always always pirates and bandits and other enemies to fight. So there's no shortage of activities to keep you coming back to the game.

The purpose of the story I suspect will be to encourage the player to traverse the map and cover larger areas than you normally would when playing the open world portion of the game. As well as add handcrafted locations to interact with and of course tell a story.

No it's not complete story wise but I think I read somewhere there's supposed to be 4 chapters but I might be wrong.

Right now even with the limited story there are still 4 factions each of which has a unique device that you have to work toward getting enough faction favor points to to acquire acquire plus there's always always pirates and bandits and other enemies to fight. So there's no shortage of activities to keep you coming back to the game.

The purpose of the story I suspect will be to encourage the player to traverse the map and cover larger areas than you normally would when playing the open world portion of the game. As well as add handcrafted locations to interact with and of course tell a story.
I wonder if there will be player made campaigns in future. Assuming that modding is permitted that is. I can imagine all sorts of potential science fiction stories would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom