HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Inner Strength DLC for Solasta is now available:

Inner Strength Release Patch Notes

Hey there folks!

The Inner Strength DLC is now available, with an extra serving of free update on the side! So, what's new? What changed? Everything will be revealed in the wall of text below.

17 New Feats (Free):

• Arcane Appraiser: Magical Items are automatically identified when put in your inventory
  • Badlands Marauder: Gain +1 CON, resistance to poison damage and advantage on rolls against being poisoned
  • Forest Runner: Gain +1 DEX and +2 cells movement speed
  • Mightly Blow: When attacking with a melee two-handed weapon, deal additional damage equal to half your Strength modifier (rounded up)
  • Cloak and Dagger: After hitting an enemy with a light weapon, gain +2 AC until the start of your next turn (doesn't stack)
  • Distracting Gambit: After hitting an enemy with a one-handed weapon, they lose -1 AC for 1 minute (doesn't stack)
  • Forestalling Strength: Gain +1 AC while wielding a two-handed weapon
  • Mender: Stabilizing an ally with a Medecine checks heals them by 1 HP
  • Blessing of the Elements: When taking fire, cold or lightning damage, you can use your reaction to become resistant to those damage types until the start of your next turn (once per short rest)
  • Trip Attack: Enemies hit by a melee Ready Action must make a contested roll (against shove) or be knocked prone
  • Daunting Push: Successfully shoving an enemy makes them lose half of their movement speed until the end of their next turn.
  • Ready or Not: Gain advantage on attack rolls when using Ready Action
  • Toxic / Melting / Burning / Icy / Electrifying Touch: The first time you deal damage with an unarmed or weapon attack each turn, deal additional poison / acid / fire / cold / lightning damage equal to your proficiency bonus (can't select Touch feats multiple times)
3 New Backgrounds (Free):

• The Ascetic : Gain 1 language and proficiency with Survival, Insight and the Herbalism Kit
  • The Artist: Gain 1 language and proficiency with Persuasion, Deception and Performance
  • The Occultist: Gain 1 language and proficiency with Arcana, Deception and the Scroll Kit
Note: Unlike previous backgrounds, these 3 new backgrounds do not have a special quest in the Crown of the Magister campaign.

Gamepad Support (Free):

• You can now play with controllers on PC! Hurray!
Dungeon Maker Improvements (Free):

• Boss Monsters can now be used in the Dungeon Maker. Legendary actions included. In case you didn't suffer enough.
  • Many monsters and items which were previously missing have now been added too!
  • Honestly though, for those of you who haven't already - go try out some Custom Dungeons made by the community. Most are really great!
3 New Classes (Inner Strength DLC required):

[...]
Thanks Henriquejr!

More information.

Got this today, along with the other DLCs that are on sale right now. Looking forward to playing the campaign from the last DLC, plus Co-Op multiplayer.

How many writers do you suppose they employ, and the best name they could come up with for their DLC is Inner Strength?

Yup, writing is not their greatest suit. Although, it is a great game and I am excited what the community will come up with in the future.

Still buying all the DLC to support and setting up for future replays.

More variety in the Feat selection is a significant plus. I'm not a fan of the Bard/Monk classes, but I will try the Warlock and the Dragonborn race. I'll pick this up when they publish their next campaign.

How many writers do you suppose they employ, and the best name they could come up with for their DLC is Inner Strength?
The DLC contains Monks, Warlocks and Bards as new classes, so "Inner Strengths" fits here, especially for the Monk.
Also the title is short and memorable.
So all in all imho it's a really good name.

I made a new party with a Monk, Bard, and Warlock. They are only lvl 4 but I'm really enjoying the Monk. I will be interested to see the Warlock and Bard at level 5 when they get their 3rd lvl spells.

Yeah, I think the next phase for them should be investing in some writing talent. They've already got something here, and that would take it to the next level.

If they do invest in writers I hope they go a new path than others have taken. One of the best features of having toned down writing is that it at least doesn't feel like a rehash of something else nor a lesser version of something else, especially as they've established a new setting so well.

Back
Top Bottom