Pentiment - First Impressions @ Mortismal Gaming

This game doesn't really interest me gameplay-wise (though i'm a fan of art and history - and have degrees related to both) - but I am really glad that this kind of game could get made by Obsidian after being acquired by MS. It speaks well to MS letting these studios they're acquiring being given the leeway to still make what they want to make. Hopefully that will continue with them and inXile and Bethesda.

Looks cool, I am fond of medieval europe and its history although my favorite period is a little earlier. I like this this game is something different and focuses on story, quite a rarity these days.

I would only play this game if the story went like:
..The angels sounded their horns and mountains cracked open with horrible noise spewing molten fiery stone into the air. The skies turned red and blood-rain fell. Shrieking demons arrived on top of burning comets and you could hear the screams of people everywhere. After the cataclysm ended, you are one of the survivors tasked by the new landlord - who is a demon - to find out how the armies of Archangels are planning to strike back..

I would only play this game if the story went like:
..The angels sounded their horns and mountains cracked open with horrible noise spewing molten fiery stone into the air. The skies turned red and blood-rain fell. Shrieking demons arrived on top of burning comets and you could hear the screams of people everywhere. After the cataclysm ended, you are one of the survivors tasked by the new landlord - who is a demon - to find out how the armies of Archangels are planning to strike back..
That happens right after the last bit you played.

Back
Top Bottom