Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song - Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Noisy Pixel checked out the upcoming RPG Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song:

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered Review - Your New Favorite JRPG; After A Significant Time Investment

The SaGa series is one that many JRPG nerds stand by as one of the standard for non-linear adventures. More often than not, I find myself in conversations with those who have played and discover the many different experiences we had. Romancing SaGa was a remake PS2 release of the Super Famicom JRPG Romancing SaGa. Although the west wouldn't see Romancing SaGa for quite some time, this remake was all we had. Now, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered is the remastered version of the remake, which is almost as confusing as this game can be. With that out of the way, let me introduce you to your new favorite JRPG.

[...]

Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song Remastered breaks the rules of traditional JRPG systems. There's a gorgeous experience waiting to be unearthed, but this requires player patience to enjoy it fully. This might be a big ask, considering other titles are much more accessible, but I can't help be enjoy every playthrough, no matter how challenging. What's missing is a modernized tutorial prologue for new players, if only to help ease them into the experience, but what's here is an RPG masterpiece.

Score: 7.5/10
More information.

Back
Top Bottom