Marvel's Midnight Suns - Combat Overview Trailer

Seems like X-Com style tactical combat with card game mechanics, which seems like a good combination. It'll be interesting to see the RPG aspect of the game, though I'll wait until after release before looking into it further.

Agree about the price. The legendary edition is $160 local currency for me which is INSANE. I rarely pay more than 50 dollars for a game and a more common price would be 20-30 dollars (NZD).

Yeah, that was my feeling at the end, too, @gabrielarantest. Not so much "here's how combat works" as "here's the kind of special effects you'll see while in combat."

There was a PC Gamer article back in June that explained it better. Proper reviews in the next few weeks will explain it better yet.

What combat overview is this? Not very explicative.
Maybe because that combat doesnt have much depth? :)
It seems that combat arenas are very small and generally flat which limits tactical options. It feels like you are mostly trying to find a way to kill as much enemies as you can in just few turns. Which is different to: try to defeat enemies wïth the least possible damage to your units.

I wonder what happens if you lose a fight. Marvel heroes cant die, right? :)

They clearly put solid amount of content and dialogues into the game, evolving interactions with all heroes, training and going out together, even exploration of surroundings of your base. But a lot of these things are probably pretty shallow or even pointless... like they are bickering about someone's love interest which isnt even in the game and has no relevance to the plot and there is also no clear consequence or purpose of the dialogue - its just there as fan service for hardcore Marvel fans. If its bloated with similar dialogues it could feel like the game is trying to hide that its pretty shallow.

Fraxis has released over thirty videos and streams this year showcasing combat and heroes. So if you watched the videos and also read the various articles they explained how combat works already. They basically took XCOM 2's combat nefered the levels and other stuff, and then added a card mechanic. Not everyone will enjoy it that's for sure.

Last edited:
I wonder what happens if you lose a fight. Marvel heroes cant die, right? :)
"Die" as in "is declared legally dead" or "never see them again except in flashbacks and prequels"?

P.S. When all those people came back in End Game, did they all owe 5 years of back taxes? ;)

Looked interesting back when I first saw it. I'm not a "superhero person" but I'd play a good single player control a team of heroes game if it didn't suck. Key part being not sucking, which for so many games like this ends up being a big dev challenge.

$60 price tag doesn't bother me. It's normal for corporate spew. Licensing doesn't help the cost. Either the game is so good that it trumps your current lineup and is worth buying and diving into NOW - unlikely for me - OR it's a wait for sale whenever you end up having time/desire. Cracks me up that people still get worked up and "have to have it now" with digital stuff like it's going to run out.

Back
Top Bottom