Marvel's Midnight Suns - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Marvel's Midnight Suns has been released:

Marvel's Midnight Suns

Marvel's Midnight Suns is the ultimate crossover event combining the rich story, character relationships, customization and progression of an RPG with the tactical strategy and combat mechanics of a revolutionary new card-based tactics game. Set in the darker side of the Marvel Universe, you will forge unbreakable bonds with legendary Marvel Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors in the fight against the world's greatest threat yet...the demonic forces of Lilith and the elder god Chthon.

Your Marvel Adventure
You are the Hunter, the first fully-customizable original hero in the Marvel Universe. Personalize your appearance, choose your reactions to situations, and build friendships with Marvel legends spanning The Avengers, X-Men, Runaways, and more. Decide who to take with you on missions, which missions to embark on, and a host of other options to make this a unique experience.

Fight and Think like a Super Hero
From the creators of the critically-acclaimed tactical XCOM series comes an engaging and deeply customizable card-based battle system that rewards clever thinking with Super Hero flair. Deploy a squad of Super Heroes on tactical turn-based missions to thwart the forces of evil. Use your environment, move around the battlefield lining up the perfect shot or combo, and then launch devastating hero abilities to gain the advantage in each epic encounter. The combat leverages the best elements from tactical games and card-based combat in a truly unique and thrilling experience.

Live Among the Legends
Spend time exploring what Super Heroes do in their off hours. Explore The Abbey--your very own mystical secret base--to discover powerful hidden items and secrets to aid you in the conflict against Lilith and her minions. Befriend and get to really know some of your favorite Marvel heroes as you interact with them in ways beyond the comics or the films.
More information.

Poor intro: they completely forgot facial mimicry. Probably nobody had the skill at whichever company that was tasked with the intro. Disappointingly only the mouth moves and eyes close/open on character faces, while tensions are high and they are shouting at each other with anger... Could watch the trailer for 45 secs, before it blew my fuses. Very Anti-Hype, lame material.
Tried to watch the combat gameplay on YT, but the idiots ruined the that part with the stupid cards system as well...
My 2 cents: A V O I D W A R E™©℗®

I'm reading reviews that there are performance issues. Some people reporting mild stuttering, others serious. Usually when loading animations and whatnot.

Gonna wait for a sale and see how the reviews pan out over time.

I'm reading reviews that there are performance issues. Some people reporting mild stuttering, others serious. Usually when loading animations and whatnot.
They're very similar to the reviews for The Callisto Protocol. It hasn't been a good day for new releases.

Well we can all blame co-vid right? Forced most developers to make employees work from home even with game development. Anyway we all know XCOM 3 is being made.

Also no I don't want CIv 7 as since the fourth game the series has become to simplified.

Also no I don't want CIv 7 as since the fourth game the series has become to simplified.
Not for me - Civ 6 is my favourite of all of them and I look forward to 7 (especially after the so-so Humankind). Also, the later games definitely are not simpler than the first few imo.

What a surprise our opinion differs as usual. I hated the removal of many systems after part 4. It's well known the fifth game divided the fan-base and some never came back.

Also the performance might be affected by the bloatware DRM Denuvo. As 2K stealthily added it without telling consumers on Steam. It''s well known to affect performance.

Callisto Protocol also has the same problems with it's release.

I never didn't have stuttering during the animation of your ship taking your squad to a mission in the entire time I played Xcoms 1&2. Somewhat annoying, but not a big deal.

I never didn't have stuttering during the animation of your ship taking your squad to a mission in the entire time I played Xcoms 1&2. Somewhat annoying, but not a big deal.
Once or twice I had the problem but that was due to my system specs at the time. There was also a few memory leak errors that got patched out after XCOM 2's release.

Doesn't your opinion always differ from everyone's? :biggrin:
Lately yeah it seems that way either my tastes suck or they have poor standards. :unsure:

It's kind of hilarious when you think about it. It's like those commercials when they claim 4 out 5 agree, and I will always be known as the fifth guy who will surprise never agree.

In the words of Lethal Weapon I'm getting to old for this shit. Seriously seeing what new games are in the top 50, and reading how many games that are crap getting a following.

Last edited:
Lately yeah it seems that way either my tastes suck or they have poor standards.

FWIW, on this site I tend to agree with many of your comments over the years. I don't have an opinion about Civ, though, as I only played one version and didn't try any of the others.

I have enjoyed all of them but Civ4 BtS is probably my favourite of all time. Civ6 I think I played through about 4 times and I think that it was decent value for money - I think I bought it on the HumbleBundle with most of the DLC.

Lately yeah it seems that way either my tastes suck or they have poor standards. :unsure:
They just have shit standards.
i know plenty of people who stoped playing games cos they just can't play the crap that they make this days and time is more cherished so they use it else where.

It the same thing with movies. Most of us moved to tV shows cos movies were just getting so bad. Don't know the last time anyone was talking about cinema i think covid was the final nail in that one.

Problem is they are always trying to reinvent the wheel and only care about the looks forgeting about best part, the stories.

It seems it only happens with ray tracing on. Also, there's a command to avoid the launcher, some people say that performance and crash issues were solved by it.

In my case, I was having those stutters in combat animations. No matter the graphical options. The only thing that solved it was disabling ray tracing and the launcher. I have a RTX 3080, btw. Without ray tracing, I'm playing with a 120-144fps (I have v-synch on, so it won't go higher than my monitor's refresh rate). With ray-tracing, around 55fps with those occasional stutters always in combat animations. All this with DLSS enabled (same fps with quality, balanced or performance modes, another sign of a problem with the RT). So this game needs some performance optimization, but if you don't mind playing without RT, it plays smoothly.

There's some rumours that Denuvo might be behind these issues. I know I had problems with Elden Ring and people are reporting the same stutters with Callisto Protocol, all Denuvo protected games.

Back
Top Bottom