The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the Monomyth - October/November updates:

Monomyth - October/November Update

Video Devlogs
Hi, dungeon-crawling fans!

I thought this month we could do something a little different, so instead of giving you the usual written update, I created a few video devlogs going into detail on various subjects of the project's development. In particular, the videos focus on the following topics:

You can watch them right here or head over to the RatTower Youtube channel, which I plan to use more regularly in the future,

I will probably adapt the format a bit for coming updates. So instead of releasing several videos at once, I might upload material more frequently. Either way, I hope you will enjoy these videos and I will keep you posted!

Best wishes,
Michael
More information.

Not a fan of dungeon crawlers but this game is turning out good. What's surprising is it's made by a one man developer. Hope it's successful and he makes more games.

Greatly enjoyed this, especially the telekinesis portion! Makes me all the more excited for this game, seeing that the developer is more than competent and not simply trying to get away with some cludgy Unity/Unreal plug & play.

Greatly enjoyed this, especially the telekinesis portion! Makes me all the more excited for this game, seeing that the developer is more than competent and not simply trying to get away with some cludgy Unity/Unreal plug & play.
Yeah, it's been evident for a while now that this guy really knows his stuff. You've played the demo, right?

The only thing that disappointed me about this update was him still not narrowing down a release window yet.

No, not yet played the demo - I don't tend to do so for any games really. It's been wishlisted for quite some time now, however, and I'm looking forward to its release.

UI color intensity is OFF. What matters however is the combat appears to be good in the gameplay video! Also when you look down, you can see your feet, which for some people matters in games.. (dunno why tho). Okay, decided to download the Steam demo and try this game out now. :)

Addictive as Hell! I had to force myself to stop playing the demo, knowing my saves go nowhere and I want to play a fully patched finished game..years from now! :D So at the tower and the armored warrior who killed me - the broadsword wielder - many times. He has a sword and a wooden shield and is strong.. So I had to force my hands off the controls and delete the demo, before my addiction got out of hand. :D :D :D Also I'll need a wide monitor (1080p because my pixel-graphics development) to play, because I could NOT see the entire screen, its cropped off in 1280x1024. :D Any item descriptions from the inventory are out of screen and I could only see the item descriptions, when in the LOOT / crate screen, where the 'description-text window' is put into the center of the game screen. So i had to put items I was curious about from my inventory into the crate to read their descriptions... :D
[Yeah, I know..]
At the shrine for example I couldn't exit from that menu - couldn't attune spells - , because the shrine main menu is covered by the attune-graphics menu. I ended up closing the game and starting it again. Then I discovered that by :D pressing ALT+ENTER (going out of full-screen) and manually reducing the game screen window with the mouse into a "~2x thumbnail"-size on my desktop, where in that small size ==> the shrine main-menu and its CLOSE button becomes visible.. under the attune-spell menu, which covers it entirely in full-screen (1280x1024 on a 5:4 monitor) :D :D then still on the desktop I had to enlarge the game window somewhat: go into the game again by ALT+ENTER and fix the resolution by selecting 1024x768 fullscreen again.. This each time, when doing something at the shrine. :)

At the lowest res I could play this highly unoptimized demo that began to ran horribly slow, when wielding a torch or casting a light spell.

Yeah I need a stronger / newer PC.... :( Seeing how fast it runs on YT on the developers and demonstrators newer-stronger machines. :D

Still, the advantage of having a 10 year old PC is that I have the possibility to see, how well optimized - professionally coded - new games are! For example Wasteland 3 or Runersia run excellently on my old machine. This means they are superbly optimized and I can fully respect the knowledge and expertize of their engine coders!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom