Steam - New Feature: Year in Review

Interesting statistics, though curiously they've been very careful not to show how much time I've played. I think it's for the best. ;)

From Steam I know the main culprit is KCD with 180 hours in October / November; it's rare that I put so much time into a game. The 2nd one would be Expeditions: Rome with 150 hours.

Your link doesn't work because there are trailing characters, I think. Here's the direct one:

Fixed it - I played 34 Steam games and the most time was spent on Lost Eidolons, Vestaria Saga II and Expeditions: Rome.

Hmmm I guess I didn't play as many games on Steam as I thought I did. It says I played 23 - which also means I completed 23 as I always finish my playthroughs. Very interesting. It would be great if somehow it could be combined with GoG and Epic Games data for a more complete view.

Most played for me: Baldur's Gate 3 (can you believe it, LOL); Solasta; Elex 2.

Elden Ring, Elex II, and Dark Souls 3 are most played for me this year...

UCcSnks.png

Fascinating. 2 games took up 25% of my yearly playtime?

Control is next with 8%.
Dark Souls 1 with 7%.
Elden Ring with 6%.

Oh I love this, so cool! I maxed out on Midnight Suns for December. The bulk was still Skyrim and FO4 for 2022 though if SIMS were included that would be more spread out.

Attachments

• RBnIOQoi copy.jpg
    RBnIOQoi copy.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2022-12-27 113930.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 113930.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2022-12-27 114458.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-27 114458.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 9
Pathfinder is eating up the time for me. Here's the full thing for people who are bored or want to see random (most recent?) screenshots: https://store.steampowered.com/replay/76561197970606706/2022

I've played Pathfinder:WotR quite a bit in the past few days, but the survey only goes to the 14th. It has also crashed a lot for me, pumping the sessions way up!

Summary:

What this reminded me of is that Steam wasn't all that big of a source of my gaming this year. I was surprised to discover that Vagrus, which I played a lot in the early summer, ended up my #1 with 53 sessions and 14% of my time played. Vestaria Saga I was #2, at 13% and 101 sessions (more sessions because more trying yet again to get past a mission and failing).

43 games played overall, 29 of them new.

I like this feature.

7 games in total: 25% Gloomhaven, 19% God of War, 13% Solasta were the leaders for me. There were also other games on other platforms such as Epic, Uplay, etc.

"Fun fact: The amount of time you spent playing Gloomhaven is only slightly longer than the time you would have spent setting up and tearing down the physical version of Gloomhaven."

Lol. As it turns out I did play the board game Gloomhaven for a few hundred hours (three campaign playthroughs) 2-3 years ago but I didn't have to set it up and tear it down for each session.

In the German-language translation, it is a little bit confusing.

One does not have to click on "Shop" from the basic menu, but instead on the right side next to the "Ihr Shop", there is a new menu entry called "Neu und nennenswert", under that there is actually the "Steam-Rückblick 2022" [with "Rückblick" literally meaning "look back"]

What this reminded me of is that Steam wasn't all that big of a source of my gaming this year.
It would be even nicer if GOG Galaxy could do this!

lol 81 games played, highest is Crusader KIngs 3 with 17%, then Pathfinder WOTR and Project Zomboid tied with 11%, too many games not enough time

I like it even if it reminds me of scrum lords going over mind numbing charts and graphs at work.

I revisited ARK after not playing since 2016 (modded/tuned single player on my bestial new rig) enough in just Oct and Nov to have it be 23% of my gaming year. Racked up several hundred hours in a hurry. Crazy stuff.

Overall I'm gaming less than ever and flitting between games a lot. Steam agrees, 100 games played last year. 38 were demos (go me) and looking thru the list they included games I returned as "steam demoed" and I'm sure I returned more games than ever last year. All the "fests" with demos were a factor - many of those demos were brief and quick uninstalls. Between real demos and "steam demos" it's like the gong show around here.

I unlocked 382 achievements by accident just for showing up (not my thing), steam average was 21.

I played 100 games, average was 5.

Longest streak 75, steam average 9 days

There must be an amazing number of people who only play 1 or 2 games exclusively - or they included inactive accounts. Feels like most gamers go thru games at an alarming rate and have backlog issues. So who are these people?

Sadly the most tragic stat of all is the lack of real RPGs in my top played anything. I have a few biggies to tackle and more wish listed but don't have time or energy to give them proper due.

I'm hoping to see more auto battlers in 2023. Seems to be an emerging genre. It's right up there with my mental firepower and gaming availability lately. It's sad and pathetic.

Pretty neat feature.
This would be cool in some third party thing (like Lutris or whatever) that integrates output from other clients.

As for me, we have three people using a couple of Steam accounts, so won't be of much use to me as an individual.

Back
Top Bottom