BioWare - Mac Walters leaves

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Gamedeveloper reports that senior writer Mac Walters leaves BioWare:

Longtime Mass Effect writer Mac Walters departs BioWare

From Jade Empire to the Mass Effect series and some Dragon Age, Walters was involved in much of BioWare's big games over the years.

BioWare's lead writer Mac Walters is no longer at the developer. On LinkedIn, Walters revealed he made the "very difficult" choice to depart the Canadian studio he's worked at for almost two decades.

"These past 19 years have been a life-changing experience," wrote Walters. "It's hard to fathom it all, and I know I'll be reflecting on it for years to come. Thank you to everyone I've had the joy of working with, and I wish everyone at BioWare the very best in everything you do. It's truly been a pleasure."

His leaving marks BioWare's first high-profile departure of 2023. In recent years, the RPG developer has lost big names such as Christian Boyd, Jonathan Warner, Casey Hudson, and Mark Darrah.

Walters originally joined BioWare in 2003 as a writer for its 2005 game Jade Empire. From there, he would become a senior writer for the original Mass Effect and lead writer for its respective sequels. He also directed 2017's Mass Effect Andromeda and was the narrative director on 2019's Anthem.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

It's a 'substantial' loss when the history of BioWare is concerned, but it's nothing surprising in the gaming industry anymore. BioWare's continued existence basically hinges on their next release, so we'll see if this was the last rat to jump the ship or a new era for the company.

Back
Top Bottom