Hogwarts Legacy - Some Reviews

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Some reviews for the upcoming RPG Hogwarts Legacy:

IGN

In nearly every way, Hogwarts Legacy is the Harry Potter RPG I've always wanted to play. Its open-world adventure captures all the excitement and wonder of the Wizarding World with its memorable new characters, challenging and nuanced combat, and a wonderfully executed Hogwarts student fantasy that kept me glued to my controller for dozens of hours. It's certainly weighed down by technical issues, a lackluster main story, and some poor enemy variety, but even those couldn't come close to breaking its enchanting spell over me.
Fextralife

In this Hogwarts Legacy Review we'll be taking a look at the highly anticipated Open-World RPG developed by Portkey games, and published by Warner Bros. Games. Fans want to know: How is the World? How is the character customization? And does the game lives up to the hype? In this review, we'll answer all those questions and more.

0:00 - Hogwarts Legacy Review
0:53 - The Immersion
3:09 - World Setting
6:47 - Graphics and Performance
9:13 - In-Game Store
10:00 - Final Thoughts
Legacy Gaming

80 hours with Hogwarts Legacy and we've only begun to scratch the surface of this single-player open-world RPG. Join the team as we peel back the many layers of the wizarding world and walk you through our honest impressions, what left us awestruck, and where we think things fell short. This early review will be spoiler free.

0:00 - Intro (No Story Spoilers)
0:44 - Early Experience
1:55 - Life As A Student
7:15 - Spells, Progression, & Lots of Magic
10:58 - The Room of Requirement
14:41 - Join the Community!
More information.

Not sure we need a fecal transplant from the depths of the Codex.

I try to avoid posting news about superficial and superfluous discussions that have nothing to do with role playing games itself.
If I would do this, the starters of these discussions have already won, because this is all they want - creating a media outrage.

So please stay on topic = reviews about the game.

Last edited:
I've hard some grumblings about PC performance being a bit inconsistent - although haven't read enough to say more (hoping someone here will have been enthusiastic enough ;-) I guess we'll see once the game releases to a large group of PC players. I'm too busy to play anything right now so will wait a bit anway - hopeftlly any issues wil be patched away.

I try to avoid posting news about superficial and superfluous discussions that have nothing to do with role playing games itself.
If I would do this, the starters of these discussions have already won, because this is all the want - creating a media outrage.

So please stay on topic = reviews about the game.

Thank you.

I am waiting for it to release and see how it does then and what people say about PC game play. Most reviews seem positive though.

I've hard some grumblings about PC performance being a bit inconsistent - although haven't read enough to say more (hoping someone here will have been enthusiastic enough ;-) I guess we'll see once the game releases to a large group of PC players. I'm too busy to play anything right now so will wait a bit anway - hopeftlly any issues wil be patched away.
Thankfully my PC has had no issues with the game so far - no stutter or even noticable pop-ins, but of course that doesn't mean that others won't be having trouble on different setups. Unless they snuck a patch into the day 1 release that fixed it all, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom