Hibernaculum - Now on Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The dungeon crawler Hibernaculum is now on Kickstarter:

What is Hibernaculum?

Hibernaculum is a retro inspired dungeon crawler that sets out to recreate the engrossing labyrinthine experiences of the classics of days gone by, whilst also building a modern, deeply unique & explorable world of survival, mystery and macabre intrigue.

The Basics

• Hibernaculum is a first person sci-fi/horror role playing game with survival horror roots.
  • Create a unique character to explore the depths of Hibernaculum & have the experience you want to have. Choices only matter, if they matter to you.
  • Non-linear gameplay allows for exploration at your own pace, and in your own fashion. Forge ahead and risk calamity or riches. Conversely, pace yourself and avoid harm.
  • Navigate decayed industrial Realms through environmental storytelling and a unique, brooding atmosphere.
  • Hibernaculum is being developed in C++ for PC (Windows) Mac & Linux with immediate plans for porting to Steam Deck, iOS & Nintendo Switch.
  • Hibernaculum will initially be available in English, German, French & Spanish.
  • Hibernaculum will be released DRM-free & available on Steam + GoG.
More information.

I'll automatically check out anything that claims to be sci-fi/horror. I'm not really into the retro graphics though. I wish these guys had the resources to go with more modern production values.

Looks like they're going to easily reach their goal.

I dig the visual design. Personally I dont label it retro as I always really liked 2d graphics hand-drawn or pixelart. I just hope the bulk of game content will not be procedurally-generated as that is usually pass for me.

Labeling it retro has nothing to do with liking or disliking it. I'm not sure how else you could label the graphics.

I didn't see anything about content being procedurally generated. I hope that's not the case.

Labeling it retro has nothing to do with liking or disliking it. I'm not sure how else you could label the graphics.

I didn't see anything about content being procedurally generated. I hope that's not the case.
Retro visuals ar so often labeled as inferior or a poor mans choice, that I wanted to state I see it diferently, but you are right.

Hopefully non-linear gameplay means something else then procedurally generated. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully non-linear gameplay means something else then procedurally generated. Fingers crossed.
Yeah, I think if it was procedurally generated they would have mentioned it. That's usually a selling point, although for me it normally means a no-buy.

Back
Top Bottom