GOG - Spring Sale

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The GOG Spring Sale will start today:

One of our biggest sales of the year - Spring Sale - starts on Monday!

Below you will find some more information about it:

START: March 20th 3pm CET

END: April 3rd 11:59 pm CEST

Over 4000 SKUs on sale, discounts up to 90%

Main promo page: https://www.gog.com/promo/2023_spring_sale (active from the promo start)

Top 10 bestsellers on sale:

Links with the RPGWatch GOG affiliation!
More information.

If I want to buy some games this sale outside of those listed above, how can I make it affiliated to Rpgwatch?

Edit: looked at the thread in the forums and I should replace www with af and add ?as=1790615725 right?

Like this:

Last edited:
Yes - for the 10 games above I did it already.

Last edited:
If I want to buy some games this sale outside of those listed above, how can I make it affiliated to Rpgwatch?

Edit: looked at the thread in the forums and I should replace www with af and add ?as=1790615725 right?

Like this:
You don't need to -- if you click any affiliated link and then browse to any other page on GOG, the affiliation is still maintained.

Yes - for the 10 games above I did it already.
I affiliated the main sale page link as well, you can do those in the same fashion. Also, there's a GOG button on top of all the pages now for quick access.

You don't need to -- if you click any affiliated link and then browse to any other page on GOG, the affiliation is still maintained.

I affiliated the main sale page link as well, you can do those in the same fashion. Also, there's a GOG button on top of all the pages now for quick access.
If I go to GOG by typing in the normal address in the browser, will it save between sessions, or will I always have to first go through the RPGWatch link?

I'm not sure how long the session data is kept, so to be sure, I'd say always click on a RPGWatch link. You can just bookmark a RPGWatch page as "GOG" if you're forgetful. ;)

oh, I vaguely remember that gog stopped that program. Did it resume, or did I misunderstand anything?
They didn't stop it for everyone, they just stopped it for RPGWatch because it wasn't making enough sales (according to Myrthos). I reapplied and hopefully this time around we'll manage to keep it going.

GOG has changed the terms of the affiliate program several times over the years though, so it's a far cry now from what it was back when it started. The fact that they shifted the handling of affiliation to AdTraction, which is blocked by uBlock by default, isn't helping.

Last edited:
I did my part! I just bought the M&M 6 pack, M&M 7, M&M 8 and Heroes of M&M 3 complete using the link :)

I'm not sure how long the session data is kept, so to be sure, I'd say always click on a RPGWatch link. You can just bookmark a RPGWatch page as "GOG" if you're forgetful. ;)
I've quickly checked the cookies after erasing them, (1) loading the main gog.com page, (2) logging in, (3) loading the affiliate link (I simply used the top button), and (4) closing the browser and reopening gog.com.

There are 3 dedicated cookies that appear with the affiliate link and expire after 2 weeks, so it seems quite "sticky". :)

What surprises me is that they don't hold any ID, does the server have to track the IP? Then I assume the cookie is only used so that the server doesn't have to track IPs for every request. But why not simply store the ID in the cookie?

1679478153557.png

Last edited:
I remember when the site used the affiliation in the past. From what I remember GOG stopped the program or changed something were Myrthos decided it wasn't worth it.

So what changed?🤔

Scratch that. The site didn't ask me about accepting cookies because of my adblocker... I tried again with the adblocker paused, and got a load of cookies - 5 of which are in the gog.com domain and come from the affiliation link. Not the same expiration date but later, so I think it should last 2 weeks.

I checked and GOG's official page says 1 week. But also keep in mind that clicking on any affiliated links on another site inadvertently during this time will override RPGWatch's affiliation. So it's best not to assume long-term retention because you could unknowingly click another affiliated link during this time somewhere else, and then the sale wouldn't count for RPGWatch.

Back
Top Bottom