Fallout London - 1st Quarter Progress Video 2023

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The 1st Quarter Progress video of 2023 for Fallout 4 mod Fallout London.

Fallout: London is a DLC-sized mod for Bethesda's Fallout 4. As a continuation of the base game, the mod will allow the player to visit the previously unexplored post-apocalyptic environment of London,
As a divergence from previous official titles in the series, Fallout: London is not set in America. Visiting a totally new setting allows for us to explore totally new cultures which have not homogenized with their American counterparts. It also allows us to explore pre-war European history, and the effects the Resource Wars had on the class structured society of pre-war Britain.
More information.

I saw a weird comment about this preview video on reddit, claiming this preview had "AI" voices? WTF. I don't understand what they mean. Her british voice and accent is kinda weird sounding, I guess. But so they think its fake?

I saw a weird comment about this preview video on reddit, claiming this preview had "AI" voices? WTF. I don't understand what they mean. Her british voice and accent is kinda weird sounding, I guess. But so they think its fake?
I'm pretty sure those are the voices of various developers.

Cool fact: Former Doctor Who actors Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy are doing cameos in this mod voicing a pair of scientists.

Yea, to me it sounds like a real voice and accent, just thought that the "AI voices" was a weird comment.

I'd have to hear some pretty amazing stuff about this as I absolutely detest Fallout Four, and it would take a lot to get me to ever reinstall it. Then again, just knowing Baker and McCoy are in it has me keenly interested in simply reading their text blobs!

The music samples kind reminded me of some of the "Peaky Blinders" music in the run-up to certain dramatic/action scenes.

The 1st and last voice sounded very generic and AI like.

Lots of devs are doing this. Everspace 2 Early Access had all AI voices as filler before they release. Release will have full recorded dialogue. It sounds like a robot, but its similar to an 'Alexa' voice. Very robotic.

Very excited about this. The quality of this mod/DLC looks outstanding. I hope we will finally get it this year as promised.

I'll definitely play this when it's released as well.:nod:

Hope we get more updates about Fallout: Miami as well.

Back
Top Bottom