Non-RPG General News - Jake Solomon to Start New Studio

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer reports that Jake Solomon of XCOM acclaim is looking to start a new studio, but it won't be focusing on turn-based strategy.

Jake Solomon, best known for his work on the XCOM series and Marvel's Midnight Suns, is looking to fund a fresh studio in order to "make a new kind of game".

Earlier this year, Solomon announced he was leaving Firaxis after more than two decades to "[embark] on a new chapter".

At this point, the XCOM designer did not go into specifics about what this new chapter would look like, only saying that his brain was "on fire with a new dream" and this was the "time to go chase it".

[...]

When asked further about the sort of game that would excite him, Solomon said he would probably make "more of a life simulator or a simulation-style game".

"My intention... if anybody gives me the funding for it, is to open my own studio locally. I'm going make a new kind of game," the Midnight Suns director shared, saying he wanted to stay in Baltimore.
More information.

Well that's bad news for XCOM 3. Still looking forward to what he can do with the new studio.

It doesn't really sound concrete yet.

Back
Top Bottom