Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon - Early Access Release

Oh, again a lifeless world. :censored:

Haven't seen the videos (yet). But I bought it (first ever Early Access). Liked it so far. Lovely dreary. You start as a prisoner, so yes, a bit like Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim.

pibbuR who still probably won't play it in Early Acess state for very long.

PS. Two comments about the last video.
  1. Soundtrack - not much variation, but played to short to get an impression (still in the prologue), but I always turn off the music in games, playing my own in stead.
  2. Combat. I didn't find anything wrong with it, except that it was perhaps a bit easy (played on Normal). But then again, combat isn't very important to me.
What IS important to me is the sense of "being there", and from that perspective, the game delivers. So far.
DS.

PPS. Some complain about bad performance. That's not my experience. Running the game at 4K Ultra setting. Haven't measured fps, but it's running smoothly. I am however still inside the prison in the prologue. And I'm equipped with an overclocked Ryzen 5950x and a 2080ti.
DS.

Last edited:
This is getting very nice early impressions. I'm looking forward to try it sooner rather than later.

I played the demo that was available during Steam's Next Fest and thought it was ok. The production values are AA at best, but the setting and lore seemed interesting enough. Not sure if I'll get it with having so many other games lined up.

That was my impression also from what little I've seen. I think I'm okay with A-AA production values as long as it's not rendered unfun by them, and as long as the setting and lore are good. I enjoyed those aspects in their previous game.

It's a bummer to wait for several years for a game and then it's released.... in early access.

Oh well. The wait continues.
Feeling the same way -- so many games are stuck in EA in perpetuity.

I bought it, played for 2 hours then refunded it. I had a nasty bug where all my saved games would spawn me under water or something, so couldn't do much. Found a way around, but then the choppy performance in the Horns and the clunky combat etc proved too much - a chore rather than fun. I know its EA etc, but it really seems to lack polish

Back
Top Bottom