Neverwinter Nights: EE - Patch 8193.35 released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Lucky Day spotted patch 8193.35 for the Enhanced Edition of Neverwinter Nights:

New Patch Arrives Today: Stable Build 8193.35 is Live!

Patch 8193.35 for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition released

Hello adventurers!

[...]

Patch Highlights

• AOE Indicator | Spells and spell-like abilities now display a targeting indicator displaying their range and, if appropriate, their AOE shape and size
  • 8 Multiclasses | Added support for up to 8 multiclasses, configurable per-module
  • Faster Load Times | Improved area load times by up to 100x (!)
  • News Section | Added an in-game News UI that shows upcoming patches and community news
  • Script-created UI Improvements | "NUI" (script-created UI) will no longer break input to the game (WASD, drag & drop)
  • Play NWN as a Cartoon | Added a new "Toon" post-processing shader as a graphical option
  • Goodies for Builders | Hundreds of new functions and goodies for module builders
  • Hundreds of Bugfixes & Optimizations | More bugs squashed
[...]

More information.

This patch is incredible.
The obvious 8 classes per creature is insane and crazy.
I had just remembered that this patch also doubles the amount of allowable verts per model as it doubles the size the of allowable models for nwsync.
With all the fancy mapped/PBR models coming out by CC creators, this is a Godsend.

But yesterday I discovered the dozens of new script functions that come with it including file manipulation - i.e. you can now change dynamically change tiles in an area.
You also dynamically change a PC's name (before only NPC's) and change their soundsets. Visualtransform now can affect individual parts and not the whole object at once (what to do shrink heads, grow giant batwings?)

Before you knew it, Niv released beta patch 36.1. There's prototyping in it to eventually put in streaming audio. I brought this idea up a few months ago and was scoffed at by some devs. Clippy said it's been possible for possible for quite a while actually but it was poorly implemented.

With the new SetTile function you have the ability to dynamically put it in any location - no need for tilemagic.
But this leads to an obvious problem of the walkmesh not perfectly lining up.

In discussion Clippy (one of the unpaid developers) brought up the idea of scaling the walkmeshes. This has something that's been needed since VisualTransforms were brought in.. Let's hope it happens on Patch .36

Back
Top Bottom