Like a Dragon Gaiden - Announced for November 8

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The action RPG Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name will be released on November 8:

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

There is a mysterious container ship located in Osaka Bay. At its center is a cage where your fighting skills will be put to the test. You might be the strongest so far, but three new legendary yakuza fighters just entered the arena! Can you leave the cage victorious?

ERASE YOUR PAST TO PROTECT YOUR FUTURE
Once a legendary yakuza, Kazuma Kiryu faked his own death and abandoned his name for the sake of protecting his family. Now, he is thrust into conflict by a mysterious figure attempting to drive him out of hiding.

Under the codename "Joryu," Kiryu embarks on a gripping action narrative with bone-shattering combat in vibrant locations filled with exciting characters and activities.

ULTIMATE COMBAT WITH TWO HIGH-IMPACT FIGHTING STYLES

Dynamically switch between the Yakuza and Agent fighting styles in visceral melee combat.

With the Yakuza style, strike fear into enemies by unleashing wildly aggressive moves powered by Kiryu's unparalleled strength and flair.

Or up the ante with the Agent style by delivering blows with absolute speed and precision, while using an array of high-tech gadgets like electrified bind wires to stun enemies then send them flying.

Strategically adapt to the situation and leverage both styles to dominate and destroy hordes of enemies.

ENDLESS ENTERTAINMENT

Whether you're brawling in the secret Battle arena, singing a new karaoke song, enjoying a drink at the live-action cabaret club, or racing in the pocket circuit, the world offers a variety of immersive experiences.

An intriguing informant named Akame also provides thrilling sub-missions, drawing you into an epic showdown that unfolds the more you explore and enjoy Sotenbori and Yokohama.
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

So, this really is Kiryu, it's not Kiryu acting as a different character. OK. It's a bit confusing when a video game character takes up acting!

So, this really is Kiryu, it's not Kiryu acting as a different character. OK. It's a bit confusing when a video game character takes up acting!
Comic/Game rules nothing is ever finished or dead.:D

I thought the series moved on from Kazuma after Yakuza 6, but apparently not.

It did! And then it didn't. <ahem> Like you said, comic rules apply. ;)

Low budget game. Even in the main trailer, which is supposed to generate Hype, they did not bother with facial expressions. Too much money for an expert face-animator and programmer, who can code in-engine facial realistic distortions. See, how they modeled in = frozen in serious Default Looks, so the characters faces must match and reflect most Cutscene Moods? Very sparingly done extra emotions to fit unique scenes - serious face / fear face - , if any by Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio. Highly probable Small budget. Therefore this game is a quick cash grab.

A V O I D W A R E!

Typical hyperbole from mercy. :)

There's obviously something in this series that appeals to a lot of people seeing as how the vast majority of Steam reviews gush about them. I tried one of the Yakuza games that people kept recommending, but unfortunately it didn't do anything for me at all. Whatever magic is there, it's lost on me.

Back
Top Bottom