King's Bounty - Gamebanshee Launches Subsite, Armored Princess Interview

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamebanshee announces the launch of a new subsite for Katauri Interactive's strategy rpg, King's Bounty, featuring a walkthru in progres, the usual Equipment, Units, Skills and Spells databases, and some new content as well in the form of five Armored Princess screenshots and an interview with project lead Dmitry Gusarov on the upcoming expansion.
Some snips from the Armored Princess interview:
GB: You've mentioned that KB's role-playing system will be improved upon in Armored Princess. Can you elaborate on this a bit? What steps have you taken to make the expansion feel even more like an RPG?

Dmitry: You can upgrade your hero to level 50 and beyond now. The hero's skill tree will be changed and updated. We'll introduce a reward system giving additional bonuses to the character. You can make contracts as in the original King's Bounty game, which allows you to gain double rewards for winning a battle and killing enemies. There will be the opportunity to fly on Pegasus...
GB: Are we still going to have access to Zerock, Sleem, Lina, and Reaper in Armored Princess? Will there be any other uses for Rage in the expansion?

Dmitry: No, they will be replaced by a real pet – a tamed dragon called Drago which will not sit in the casket. He will always be represented on the battlefield and act interactively to all of the occurrences happening..
GB: Will the additions and improvements made in Armored Princess be accessible in the original game as well? For example, can Princess Amelie be taken through the original campaign and can we gain access to the new spells, items, and units?

Dmitry: No. I considered that such projects like Armored Princess need their own special game mechanics and character development system. One thing is to transfer the model of the game, and making changes in locations or creating quests when you fly on Pegasus is absolutely another topic. That's huge work to do.
More information.

Sounds to me as if it will be a standalone expansion.

That was my first thought also. It was hard to tell from the answers given whether you'll be able to play forward with an old character, but I doubt it since you can't play backwards with a new one. And no spirits of rage? So I don't see how you'd play anything but the expansion separately.

Still, I'm not knocking it--I'll be happy to play anything that's in the same league with KB--especially since they're at least talking about a map editor.

That was my first thought also. It was hard to tell from the answers given whether you'll be able to play forward with an old character, but I doubt it since you can't play backwards with a new one. And no spirits of rage? So I don't see how you'd play anything but the expansion separately.

Still, I'm not knocking it--I'll be happy to play anything that's in the same league with KB--especially since they're at least talking about a map editor.

- It is a stand alone game
- You can't transfer your character, you will play as Amelie the princess, but you can still select her class (Amelie the Warrior, Amelie the Paladin or Amelie the Wizard)
- No spirits of rage, now there's a pet dragon that has many different abilities

Ah, thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom