Mass Effect 2 - Team Montreal

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Game Daily have some news on Bioware's new Montreal operations. More intriguing, Ray Muzyka talks about some "super secret projects" that they'll be able to talk about at a later date. The article is here.
GameDaily BIZ just got off the phone with EA's vp of communications, Jeff Brown, and BioWare co-founder and CEO Ray Muzyka, who revealed that BioWare is establishing a new BioWare Montreal group to work within the existing EA Montreal studio. Muzyka said that the team will be working on the highly anticipated Mass Effect sequel to start with.
He noted that the goal is to have around 30 people there and about half of the staff will be people brought in from BioWare's Edmonton studio location (many of these folks worked on Mass Effect), with the other half consisting of new hires from the great talent pool in the Montreal area. Those interested in applying should head over to careers.bioware.com.
More information.

I seem to recall a lot of Sir Tech Canada's people moved on to EA in Montreal...

It's not that big a deal. No idea how much of it was public (I thought we weren't supposed to say anything, and then, hey, news!), but essentially it's a small additional studio opening up that will let us attract talent that is willing to come up to Montreal but not willing to come up to Edmonton, the Stockton of the North. :)

Nobody, to my knowledge, is being transferred unless, when hearing about a Montreal studio possibility, they went, "Ooh! Ooh! I want to go!" BioWare Edmonton is not in any trouble.

In today's economy EA must have extreme confindence in Bioware's direction to be HIRING.

I'm no businessman, but I just got done reading an article on MSN about "when are we going to start calling this a depression" and then I come here and it's not all doom and gloom. Some companies are still hiring and expanding and the world isn't coming to an end.

Bottom line: I HATE the news lately. All negative. Not one damn positive thing in there, except when I come here. Then I find out about some great releases coming soon and Bioware is doing a little expanding (not major, but still it's better than the opposite). So thanks rpgwatch. At least there is one place that isn't screaming at me how terrible the world is :)

Back
Top Bottom