Mass Effect 2 - Bioware Von Tease

Sounds like sum gr8 akshun!!1 No but seriously, I can see why they're emphasising that for marketing purpose.

Mass effect1 could allready be the best xbox360 can do. You can only improve so much with software tweaks alone. They could do lots more with pc version of course but beyond minor things I doubt they bother.

Wait until you see the story stuff. :)
Looking forward to seeing more story bits and if the RPG aspects have been evolved. I'm more interested in that rather than "weapons that can kill your enemy, like, 1000 times over." ;)

Mass effect1 could allready be the best xbox360 can do. You can only improve so much with software tweaks alone. They could do lots more with pc version of course but beyond minor things I doubt they bother.

I think Epic did a fair amount of work on the engine between GoW & GoW2. I remember a presentation they did about organic lumps and more stuff on the screen.

Edit: As if my magic...

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned, the graphics can be worse than ME1 if they manage to implement more variety in terms of interiors, objects, etc. I know, I know - not gonna happen.

Not too much stuff in this trailer, although I wonder if those are some next generation geth in there, and is that destroyed ship at the end, perhaps, the Normandy?

Speaking of story, I have no idea what ME2 is going to be about.

If it can maintain the pace that ME hit in its final quarter or so, it could be pretty good.

I didn't see anything interesting in that clip. And graphics-wise it looks very much like Mass Effect 1. Still using the Unreal Engine?

Yes, but they've managed to fix the texture popping. Casey Hudson said this in an interview with Gamespy:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/mass-effect-2/983782p2.html

He also said that you can now mocve your characters around where you want them go, tell them exactly to go spot x and they will go there. (paraprashing here).

If it can maintain the pace that ME hit in its final quarter or so, it could be pretty good.

Yeah, but that was the climax, they can't keep that pace throughout the entire game, unless it would be very short, or chock-full of plot twists, don't you think? I expect there will be some final showdown with
the Reapers
in the third part, so I'm wondering what will be the main plot of the second game, since you already know all about the geth and stuff.

Unless the very beginning of ME2 will have some super plot twist that will change everything, but somehow I don't expect that. Maybe just a minor one, since beginnings just need that to catch the attention of the audience.

Ugh, i was hoping for more rpg. I did not like Mass Effect at all.

I think Epic did a fair amount of work on the engine between GoW & GoW2. I remember a presentation they did about organic lumps and more stuff on the screen.

Edit: As if my magic...

Thats nothing compared to what could be accomplised with modern pcs. Not that graphics matters - for me it doesnt make big difference.

Here's what would make it great:

Fix the character system
Fix the loot system
Fix the combat system
Fix the sidequests
Fix the vehicle mechanics

Otherwise, it'll be just another cinematic space opera with passable gameplay. Not that that's BAD - but it ain't great.

The only problem I had with the game was the difficulty level. The start of the game was hard but, by around half way through, became a cakewalk even on the hardest difficulty settings. Fix it so the game gets harder instead of easier and I'll be happy with keeping the rest the same. (Well, OK, and give us something more interesting to do on planet surfaces.)

What's the story on the PC version of this game? I hear PS3 is already out of the picture.

They said it would be for PC & XBOX 360 early 2010. E3 is pretty soon and I'm sure we'll be getting news then.

Here's what would make it great:

Fix the character system
Fix the loot system
Fix the combat system
Fix the sidequests
Fix the vehicle mechanics

Otherwise, it'll be just another cinematic space opera with passable gameplay. Not that that's BAD - but it ain't great.

Also atleast try to make a decent skill tree.

I'm sci-fi starved right now, so any news on ME2 is good news. Now that all the tools are in place after making ME1, they should have more time to craft interesting locations and write a good story/sidequests, so I have fairly high expectations for ME2.

My main biff with ME was that skills didn't really matter other than shooting stuff better.

Back
Top Bottom