GameBanshee - Crate's Title to use Titan Quest Engine

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Remember Crate Entertainment and Black Legion? Crate was formed by ex-Iron Lore vets and initially announced a sci-fi action/RPG. GameBanshee writes in to say they have news Crate will be using their old tech from Titan Quest, with Black Legion put on hold to focus on what sounds like a fantasy title:
Crate Entertainment has licensed the Titan Quest engine from Iron Lore. THQ owns the rights to the TQ IP, so we won't be making a TQ2 anytime soon but we are developing a new game for PC that will offer similar ARPG gameplay but in a darker fictional setting. Right now we have no outside funding and are operating as a privately funded indie-developer. So if we continue in this manner, the scope will be somewhat reduced from TQ in terms of total art assets but we're developing gameplay systems in a new way that will allow us to actually have more depth in certain areas.
More information.

I'll be happy with anything they get out the door! ;)

Love Titan Quest/Immortal Throne, can't wait to see a "darker" version ARPG from them!

Regards

The world has needed a sci-fi Diablo since forever - damn!

Hellgate was close, but not quite the kind of sci-fi I'm talking about.

What about Space Hack ... or Space Siege ...

Oh ... you meant a GOOD one ... confused me with the Hellgate mention, then I remembered you were one of the 5 people who didn't think it was devastatingly average ... :D

As most here know, I'm a huge TQ fangirl and hope these people get something out the door-- was at the website earlier reading about them and caught this factoid I hadn't noticed before; no surprise that Bruno came from Sullivan's Age of Empires days but hadn't paid attention to the other founder:
Eric Campanella has worked as an artist in the game industry for over twelve years and has had experience serving as concept artist, modeler, animator, and manager at many top-tier studios including EA and Activision. Prior to his most recent role as Art Director at Iron Lore, Eric worked on many notable titles including: Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Command and Conquer: Generals, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, the Call of Duty series, and James Bond: Quantum of Solace.

This is good news indeed. Titan Quest is the one of the best action RPGs and it has a quite capable engine. It is a good thing such a suitable engine won't go to waste. I'm all ears to the new information about Black Legion.

What about Space Hack ... or Space Siege ...

Oh ... you meant a GOOD one ... confused me with the Hellgate mention, then I remembered you were one of the 5 people who didn't think it was devastatingly average ... :D

;)

You just didn't play Hellgate enough, I can tell.

But anyway, Space Siege was actually akin to what I'm after - but it was WAY too simplistic and streamlined. But the setting reminded me of System Shock 2 - and that's a good, good thing.

Actually, it's not just that we need sci-fi action RPGs - we just need more sci-fi RPGs in general.

I can't be the only one kinda sick of post-apoc and "alternative" settings? I just want Aliens as a CRPG dammit!

:)

Sounds interesting, but I hope it's not just an action-RPG like Titan Quest was, and involves more than just hack & slash combat and collecting loot.

Back
Top Bottom