Greed - Demo Available

magerette

Hedgewitch
Along with several more screens and the usual general description, Worthplaying posts the information that a demo is now available for the futuristic sci-fi hack-n-slash title from ClockStone Software, Greed: Black Border. The actual demo can be downloaded here.
More information.

It would be awesome if this could manage, as I understand it, to accomplish what Etrom could not.

Greed features all ingredients to create an enthralling hack 'n' slash classic. In the tradition of other critically acclaimed and proven genre colleagues you as the player will need to fight your way through masses of critters, robots, aliens and many other exotic adversaries while collecting unique items and skills thus leveling up your character. In contrast to the genre ancestors, the story of Greed takes place in an adult and mature science fiction scenario.

Uh oh, another "mature" game. I wonder if it's "dark and gritty" as well. ;)

Anyone try it yet?

Where the heck can you buy it anyway? Not on Steam, Impulse, D2D or GamersGate ...

Uh oh, another "mature" game. I wonder if it's "dark and gritty" as well. ;)

Anyone try it yet?

I d/l'ed the demo and played it but very briefly. I am an action rpg junkie but I wasn't impressed, although like I said I really did not get to try it very long. Hoping I get some more time with it later and get a better impression.

I d/l'ed the demo and played it but very briefly. I am an action rpg junkie but I wasn't impressed, although like I said I really did not get to try it very long. Hoping I get some more time with it later and get a better impression.

I just got done trying it myself. I wasn't too impressed either, although I could see how fans of pure action could like it. I thought the overall atmosphere was well done, except for the music, which I found annoying. Would have been nice to have more interaction with the environment. Played as the Marine build.

I still need to play Clockstone's Avencast. Is it the same engine? The drop and roll moves reminded me of Avencast.

Avencast was suposedly pretty decent.

Greed is a mid price game though. Don't get your expectations too high.

I finished Avencast. It's fun enough to complete the game, but not that memorable. It's just a decent action rpg to play when waiting for something better to be released.

I still need to play Clockstone's Avencast. Is it the same engine? The drop and roll moves reminded me of Avencast.

Ah - that is why Clockstone sounded familiar. I have honestly forgotten mostly about Avencast - remember it was decent fun, but not much else.

Back
Top Bottom