Mass Effect 2 - Deconstructed, Part Two, @ Critical Gamer

aries100

SasqWatch
UK site Critical Gamer has posted their second part of the brief (yet spoiler heavy) look
at Bioware's Mass Effect 2. As promised in the first article this time around they are focusing mainly on the positive aspects of the game. Here's a somewhat spoilerfree part of the article, focusing on how the narrative adapts to the player.
Perhaps the most interesting thing Mass Effect 2 does though, is adapt the narrative to the player. In giving us so many important decisions in the original Mass Effect, there was a worry that Bioware's next game would become bloated and the story would have too many different paths to form a coherent whole. But it hasn't turned out that way. What it does instead is reward the player for having gone through the original Mass Effect. Characters you've impacted will show up or send you messages and the universe will change subtly depending how you acted previously.
More information.

This is one aspect that I have found really cool. So far there have only been a few instances where my past caught up with me (since I haven't played that far yet), but they have been pretty cool. The annoying journalist, a few stray messages I received, etc. I hope more games do this. Works great on Xbox 360, since you can easily just leave the save games and remove the game.

Back
Top Bottom