Mass Effect 2 - Review Pt.1 @ Blog of War

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Our friend Gareth Fouche - the developer behind Scars of War - has posted the first part of his thoughts on Mass Effect 2:
You might recall that I didn’t like ME1 much at all. Regardless, I tend to give Bioware games the benefit of the doubt so I went forth and bought ME2, ignoring the part of me that was screaming that I was sending good money after bad.
But I was wrong. Horribly, horribly, happily wrong. This statement may shock some but I really think ME2 is the best Bioware game since BG2. In the space of 2 weeks it has climbed into the hallowed ranks of the games I will remember fondly for years to come, sitting alongside BG2, Deus Ex, Thief, System Shock 2, Vampire:Bloodlines and the rest.
More information.

I don't understand how he could dislike Mass Effect, while enjoying Mass Effect 2 so much. Basically they feel the same to me, except that I miss the free-roaming exploration in the Citadel. That was probably one of the best moments in the game for me. I'm not sure if ME2 has these big open spaces with side-quests to discover. It feels more like just completing serial missions.

But then again, I guess I liked the dialogue parts maybe even more than the combat.

Back
Top Bottom