Owlcat A teaser of new game or DLC?

Well spotted, quite the teaser!

And something more on Twitter (and later on reddit too):

“An ancient world with a riven heart. Find the path to it – and its riches will be yours! But paths there are two, and both will cloak you in disgrace, and neither is what it seems..”

They claim themselves don't know what it is, but I think it's just a deflection. ;)

Guess the canon ending is with the world wound closed from the sounds of it.

Isn't there a follow-up to Through the Ashes that they should make first? Or could that be it?

I think it might be too early to tease about Through the ashes #2...

Nice catch @purpleblob1 :party:
I remember there was talk about a new TB SC-Fi RPG that was supposed to be revealed last year, but it looks like that announcement was indefinitely delayed.

Owlcat did say WotR would have a second season of DLC, and hinted a season 3.

Yes, maybe. I lost track of their DLC plans for Wrath of the Righteous, was there more on the roadmap than what has already been released?

Well, 2 are released and 3rd one is set to be similar to Kingmaker's Beneath the Stolen Lands.

Season pass 2 is announced but AFAIK not info on DLCs yet

I remember there was talk about a new TB SC-Fi RPG that was supposed to be revealed last year, but it looks like that announcement was indefinitely delayed.

Well... Mortismal Gaming seems to think it's possible (FWIW :p) No matter what, interesting video.

PS: whooaa, he makes timestamps now

Wasn't that just wishful thinking on our part? ;)
Actually no it was a leak from the official Twitter page. One of the higher ups even confirmed it, but they wouldn't go into details until after WotR was released.

Should be a couple of threads about this on this forum somewhere.:)

Anyway given the state of the world it's understandable for delays.

Last edited:
Actually no it was a leak from the official Twitter page. One of the higher upS even confirmed it, but they wouldn't go into details until after WotR was released.

Should be a couple of threads about this on this forum somewhere.:)

I only saw the old job offer for sci-fi and a teaser tweet that I first thought was about Starfinder but which was actually for Pathfinder.

I'm not giving up hope though, and we still have time to convince Purpleblob that it would be a good setting ;)

Anyway given the state of the world it's understandable for delays.

No news about that yet, they seem to deal with the situation, I don't know how. I'm glad, they're pushing the genre and doing a great job, that would be a loss.

I certainly wouldn't bet against starfinder but the last piece of art wasn't conclusive.

The thing counting against Starfinder is that it has a much lower player base than Pathfinder. There is a fraction of the available adventure paths available for it as well. Some of that is due to it being newer but mostly due to the smaller amount of focus from Paizo. Sci-fi games generally sell less than their fantasy equivelents.

I fear that if it is Starfinder then Owlcats may not get the sales they are hoping for. Maybe if Paizo is providing some funding in the hope it increases the exposure of Starfinder it could be viable.

edit: First time I looked at it on my mobile. Now I have looked on my desktop and with the extra fidelity now I can see all the crosshairs etc. Certainly looks to be Starfinder for sure!

Last edited:
I don't think the player base for PnP Starfinder necessarily correlates to what Owlcat can expect from a Starfinder crpg.

It's safe to say that Owlcat has a decent size fanbase at this point, and I think most of the people who enjoyed the Pathfinder crpgs would probably be interested enough to give a Starfinder crpg a chance even if they don't prefer sci-fi.

That definitely looks like a hint at something in space. ;)

Fantasy and post-apocalyptic are nice but they're flooding the market at the moment, and it would be hard for them to best what they've done in Pathfinder. So it could be a good time to explore something else.

I first thought they may want to make another Pathfinder game that was less epic / good vs evil, but maybe it wouldn't be much of a challenge for them? They always seem to want to push further.

To do an RPG like Starfinder would put them on a good table, because no-one did this before. Apart from Spelljammer,maybe.
Sure, there are other RPGs out there, but nothing isometric looking. Companies thought so far that Sci-Fi RPGs HAD to be in 3D, no matter what. And Bioware proved them right.
Owlcat might be the first to tell them otherwise.
And, if we are lucky, we are standing at the start of a renaissance of the Sci-Fi RPG, similar to what BG did to the Fantasy RPG. It might even become its own niche, together with post-apocalyptic, action, fantasy, so to say.

Not sure if any of you noticed but there are texts in bottom left corner of the website that look like some kind of stats along the line of management mechanics.

My hubby told me they remind him of Warhammer 40k text style + crosshairs etc. He is hoping for an RPG for Rogue Trader setting ;)

Back
Top Bottom