DA:I AARGH !!!!!!! DAI imported wrong decisions from DA keep !!!

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Lannister

Watchdog
I`m so mad I could scream…… Beware…….Spoilers ahead.

I sank 150 hours into DAI, finished all Sidequests before finishing the main quest and what do I find….

My most important roleplaying decision from DA origins ( Romancing Morrigan and Having the Dark God Baby with her) was NOT imported !!!!!
I checked again and loaded my exported world state from dragon age keep and it was clearly my selected answer !!! so i`ts probably some kind of import issue……
I`m so mad i could scream….. No way I`ll finish this chore of a game again ……
FFFFFFFF………….

I have really no desire of finishing it now….. probably will though, just for completeness….. however I`m sorely disappointed….

did anyone have the same issue ??

L.

There are choices in the game and the import that can bug Kieran. Some where fixed though.

I had him show up in a playthrough where he was never born in the import and never mentioned before or after that single scene (unlike a proper unbugged playthrough).

It was weird.

Just ignore it and continue playing the game.
As you can't change bears respawn rate by any choice (aka the whole Keep thing is one big mess/fraud).

@Lannister: Are you really sure that your world state was set correctly before you clicked on 'New Game' in DAI? This is important. Any changes to the world state made after starting a new DAI game are not recognized by DAI. The DA Keep world state settings basically get "baked" into a new DAI game the moment you start it but you can not change things on the fly or afterwards. It's a one shot deal.

Hey guys, cheers for all the nice comments...... and thank you for the link to the editor..... dada !! after several wrong tries i finally figured it out an changed the thing in my recent savegame and I`m Baby-God-Father again.... still i checked it again, my world state is locked and all my decisions were contained... however i did this importing into DAI shortly after release back 2 years ago....so maybe it was patched and these errors have been contained in my run-through since 2014......

Nevertheless thank you all.....

L:

Leliana also managed to get recapitated on my end.

I wish I knew the import only works on new game. I started playing and thought I had the right world state because my heroes were shown correctly - I didn't bother to scrutinize all the choices. Turned out after playing for a while that my DAO choices were 75% wrong including ALL the major ones like fate of the hero, Morrigan, ruler of Ferelden, etc. So I went back and edited the Tapestry and re-imported. Carried on playing now I'm 60 hours in and notice the changes I made didn't stick... and finally find out it only works for new games. WTF!! Why doesn't the game start with a HUGE warning about this??

WTF!! Why doesn't the game start with a HUGE warning about this??

It less or more does when it ask you to accept and import the world state at character creation.

Azarhal is right but if you speed through the opening its easy to miss. I'm just glad for the save editor so I don't have to replay the last two games for the 10th time.

Just restarted and while the game asks you if you want to import, it doesn't show exactly what you are importing, nor does it say that this is the only time that the world state is set. I'm just mad I wasted 60 hours of my time, because a critical step has no in-game tutorial/documentation.

It shows the timestamp of your export in the Keep. The same timestamp that appears in the Keep export panel: click on the top right to open the export panel, it's at the bottom right under "used on start of new DAI game".

A timestamp doesn't explain anything. My point was that the process is neither transparent nor intuitive. Some instruction on how it all works would have been greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom